• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prof. Rec. for NFO, Anyones else hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpack

I got a call yesterday from my recruiter. I submitted on 12/2. Has anyone else heard from the board? Are they still doing 5 NFO's a month? I go to MEPS next week and then PRT after that.

Wolfpack

I thought one month was pretty quick including the holidays. I was told they would not be in the office from 12/19 - 1/5. He called me 1/5. Did you have NFO as your first choice or Pilot then NFO etc. A recruiter told me that every package will be looked at 3 times if it is competitive but not quite enough to be selected during the current month. Thus, December could be bumped to January and Jan. to Feb. with an acceptance or rejection by the last time.

froghead1

Oh, I see. My recruiter said originally that it could be neverending with my application getting pushed back each month, but he recently changed that to say that they have been giving 2 looks, meaning one of mine was in Dec, and the second will be in Jan. Hopefully I'll hear some good news. He said he would be surprised if it got pushed back to a third look in Feb. Either way, it's better to get pushed back than to get rejected. I applied for 1. Pilot 2. NFO 3. Intel.

Gladiator106

I just heard back from my recruiter up in Jacksonville, Florida...he said that I was prof. recommended for NFO. I submitted in Dec '03 for 1) Pilot 2) NFO. Does anyone know about transitioning to pilot? I heard from somebody that you can do it right out of API or do you have to do a tour first? Also, not that I am going to do it but if you turn a selection offer down would the Navy even look at you again or laugh?

tydaddy

gladiator...that is the situation i'm in right now...last year i was pro rec'd for nfo...although my first pick was pilot...and i did not accept it...1) because i didn't know much about it...2) because i was an idiot 3) i was told that it might look better if i re apply in 6 months to show them that i really wanted pilot...dumb dumb move on my part. now i'm retaking the astb...shooting for 8's or 9's which would be a decent improvement over my 6's last year. hopefully with the higher scores, and "resume" this year...my chances will be better...

good luck!

tydaddy

littledancerus, i'm not sure who you're talking to..but i got pro rec'd for nfo last year during the last sem of my sr year with a 3.0 gpa, 6/6/6 astb, and i assume good rec's...oh..i was a sports medicine major too...dunno if that helps at all!

NotABusDriver

I applied early in November for pilot and got pushed back a month. I would think that its pretty tough to get selected the first month since there are others competing who have waited the month before. Timing is everything. I am curious to know when you are all finished with school as each class has different demands for sections. For me, Im ready to roll May '05 and im waiting on my docs to clear for final selection. 3.6 GPA, commercial aviation major, 7/8/7 ASTB, with decent recs. If anyone cares to know, may '05 had 25 pilot slots left as of mid january. Also, my recruiter wasnt date specific, but he also said the Navy had more than enough NFO's for the time being (but Im not involved in that so a lot of you probably have a better heads up than me). Hope that gossip helps.

nmund11

NotABusDriver,
did you get pro rec'd or no? i wasn't sure from your post. i had the exact same scores, and a 58 on the OAR, and am also a commercial aviation major with a 3.65 GPA. i just sent in my package, but am applying for 06, because i am graduating in dec 05. by the way, what school are you going to?

NotABusDriver

Hey Nmund, yeah I got rec'd in december's board. Im currently freezing my balls off here at Univ. of North Dakota. Geez, you sound like my long lost twin, i got the same score on my OAR AND my specific GPA. Bizzaro. Looking at your bio, you're up here too, eh? Small world. I guess we both figure if we can fly a Warrior, a F/A-18 should be bush league crap ;-) Drop a line.

nmund11

NotABusDriver,
Yeah, its way too cold for me here, its a struggle. Thats really weird, we have almost identical qualifications. congrats on getting pro rec'd, hopefully ill have the same luck as you, i guess it depends on the month though. how many LORs did you send in, did you have any professors do it for you? yeah, an F/A-18 will be a breeze compared to our warriors right? no problem... By the way, what flight course are you in right now? let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.