• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Problem with new AR build.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I had already run 200 rounds through and cleaned it before I made the post. Give me a little credit eh.
You didn't say that, did you?? I give no one "credit" when it comes to firearms .... especially when I don't know them.:)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Wolf ammo is shit. Some people like it for its price, but personally I dont think its worth it.

Squid,
What kind of california setup did you end up going with on your build?

@Raptor 10,
feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions about California compliant ARs

MasterBates

All my commie stuff LOVES wolf..

Being that they were designed to deal with it, not a problem.

I have ran 2-3 mags of wolf through my AR. Functioned fine, but it left a LOT of carbon on the BGC..

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
You didn't say that, did you?? I give no one "credit" when it comes to firearms .... especially when I don't know them.:)

Noted. No assumption of common sense.

If it's new, it's probably tight. Run some rounds... analyze. Post problem, get probable cause/work through problem.

The ammo I got was shit. Plain and simple. But it WAS less than $0.20/round.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
I used the Prince50 allen key type screw for the release button. At the local range they are more lenient and didn't say a word when I accidentally "dropped" my 10 round mag and started loading 30's. They let me shoot the Wolf too. Now even closer is another indoor place that won't let me use the Wolf because of the steel and their metal barriers, AND are pretty big on the no drop-open the whole rifle to reload-gig.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Noted. No assumption of common sense.

If it's new, it's probably tight. Run some rounds... analyze. Post problem, get probable cause/work through problem.

The ammo I got was shit. Plain and simple. But it WAS less than $0.20/round.
Without handling it; "new & tight" would be my guess as well ... it doesn't take much of burr or nick on either the bolt carrier or inside the chamber to slow things down a bit ... if you haven't had any stoppages or failures to feed, then I would think it's become a non-issue???

I tried Wolf ammunition a while back in an AK ... and it was far dirtier than anything I've ever shot. No surprise ... I also didn't like the lacquered steel cases for obvious reasons ... the lacquer melts and gunks up the chamber. Any money "saved" is wasted in malfunctions and/or extra effort required for cleaning -- my opinion.

If I'm going "cheap" ... I usually go Federal "red box" or Winchester "white box" ...

I think the only thing Wolf is "good" at is probably 7.62X39mm and 9X18 Makarov .... no surprises there.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot

If I'm going "cheap" ... I usually go Federal "red box" or Winchester "white box" ...
Agreed. My favorite is either Winchester white box (cheap and never had a problem) or UMC (also cheap and never had any mis fires or failures to feed)

I use commie ammo in my commie guns but no where else.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
the lacquer melts and gunks up the chamber

after two failures to extract spent rounds, this was why i had to leave the range. the melting was clearly seen on the two rounds that got "stuck". And I didn't bring the barrel snake with me hence ending an otherwise good day.

And the ammonia type smell after every discharge didn't help either.