• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO-REC'D for Supply BDCP today! Boo-yah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
So I got the word this morning that I have been Pro-Rec'd for Supply Corps BDCP! I'm beyond stoked, as I'm sure you can all imagine! I have already been through MEPS and been cleared, already done the PRT (Good Low score), and finished my EPSQ, and my OSO is making sure I don't need anything else, and if so, is submitting FINDOCS today, or if there is anything else, I drive over there Friday and submit that day. My turnaround for this Pro-Rec, once my package was actually "in" was a little less than a month, so I guess I just got really lucky! Thanks for all the help from everyone so far, and I'm looking forward to re-posting about my Final Select soon! Time to go celebrate! :D

metro

Thanks for the kudos, gents. Now let's see if I can make a turnaround time on a final select that's anywhere near as phenomenal as my three-week turnaround time on this pro-rec. Hopefully my luck hasn't run out yet. :D

zuggerat

CantSeeMe said:
What? nothing comparable to Scotty-to-hotty?

sorry dude i dont talk to metro enough to give him a moderately homosexual nickname... but i did give my own avatar props... it takes balls to do that

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
zuggerat said:
sorry dude i dont talk to metro enough to give him a moderately homosexual nickname... but i did give my own avatar props... it takes balls to do that

Give props to your own moderatly homosexual avatar. :icon_smil

metro

Thanks Erin. Stats were:

6'5", 210

22 years old

OAR 52, 4/6/5

3.7 GPA, Management major, junior status

LORs: Job supervisor, professor of two semesters, and a current NUPOC OC (who is at OCS right now, hope he's doing well)

Very strong OSO recommendation, great (in my opinion) motivational statement...in fact, I would have to say that if anything, my MS is what gave me the extra push over the cliff.

PRT: 58 pushups, 72 situps, 12:30 run

Good work record, no criminal record, straightedge my whole life (never had a drink, smoke, nor a drug)

That's the basics, at least.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Well metro, it's time to change that. Come down here and have some brewskies with me.

Kycntryboy

pilot
....Jet black gelled hair, mug that would make a man curse and a woman swoon. ...Btw metro you forgot to add in your stats that you recieved word that you were going to be pro-recd via a fortune cookie(LOR? maybe).

metro

Oh yeah, there's all that stuff Ky said, plus this:

Two nights before my pro-rec, V-Day, incidentally, Ky calls me to let me know he has some good news...he tells me he opened a fortune cookie that said "You are in line for a promotion at work."

It takes me a moment to put it together. I'm like "How the hell is this good news for me?"

Then I realize that Ky's job is BDCP, and the way you get promotions is by being on the Dean's List twice in a row, or referring someone who gets accepted.

Now, with all due respect to Ky, I sort of figured he wasn't about to tell me that his last semester suddenly got overriden to a 3.5, and that he had been guaranteed a 3.5 this semester, so it sort of dawned on me that he was insinuating that the cookie was prophesizing that I was to be selected.

And here we are. Thar's wisdom in them thar cookies, boys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.