• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO-REC Y SWO

csabol

Except when I was trying to get picked up for EOD...those PSTs are not any fun. 500 yard swim, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, then 1.5 mile run.

swopeful

haze gray is my favorite color.
Is there any rhyme or reason as to why some folks do fingerprints after selection and others at the time they goto meps? programmatic, or just as a result of the way certain MEPS are set up?

exNavyOffRec

Is there any rhyme or reason as to why some folks do fingerprints after selection and others at the time they goto meps? programmatic, or just as a result of the way certain MEPS are set up?

I can't think of a single person I sent to MEPS that didn't do fingerprints while there.

Xanthus

I had fingerprints done at MEPS when I went through in February, but had to have them redone now that I have been selected. To my knowledge, this is because fingerprints are only valid for 120 days.

ducks15

My company is asking me to leave the country for a business trip, possibly to the Middle East. Will this cause any problems for me before OCS?

swopeful

haze gray is my favorite color.
I had fingerprints done at MEPS when I went through in February, but had to have them redone now that I have been selected. To my knowledge, this is because fingerprints are only valid for 120 days.
I see, the way I was reading certain posts seemed to imply that they were only getting printed after selection rather than having already done so and just redoing it because the prints aged out.

csabol

I was recently encouraged to complete some PME (professional military education) courses on NKO so I figured I'd pass along the same advice to all active duty shipmates on this thread, I think it is just three of us or so...anyway, I'm fortunate enough to have time during the working day to chip away at it, and I already completed intro and basic, working on Officer primary now.

Outdoorsman

I got my finger prints done after the Pro Y, but I also didn't go to MEPS, I went to a navy doc at a base instead, so maybe that's why.

Lex Rae

My OR contacted me today to complete my "Pre Commissioning" paperwork including life insurance details and travel information to OCS. Has anyone else completed this as well?

ducks15

My OR contacted me today to complete my "Pre Commissioning" paperwork including life insurance details and travel information to OCS. Has anyone else completed this as well?

Is this considered your FINSEL or no? And my recruiter hasn't mentioned this to me

Yeah the swim is an alternative cardio. I choose to swim most prts because I was a swim instructor at boot camp but it is highly unlikely that you will have to swim a prt. However, everyone will have to complete the third class swimmer test which is a step off a platform to simulate abandon ship, a 50m swim doing a proper stroke or any combination of approved strokes and a 5 minute prone (dead mans) float followed by the coverall inflation. This is required for naval service so if you happen to have any doubts about your swim, be sure to brush up on it.

MIKEH

Can anyone give me some insight into the background check process (when it happens, if it has already been completed, etc.)? I only ask because when running my annual credit check yesterday, I discovered I have a small doctors bill ($140) in collections that I was completely unaware of. Besides this my credit is great, but I just don't want them to think I was hiding this for whatever reason. I asked my OR and he said this isn't something to worry about, but he also said he doesn't know if its been completed and he really has no insight into that process. I'd hate for something so insignificant to throw a wrench into my process.