• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private Flying

White_Male

You might be able to fly civilian or not. But, I warn you. Please do not take your bad habits from civilian flying into the Navy training. Flying military aircraft is much different for some reason and all the people who I have had experience with that had large amounts of prior time turned out doing very poorly in the fleet. I don't know why. And please don't be the "so this one time in my 172" guy, because it doesn't apply. Good luck....

meatball, lineup, aoa.....

What are the bad habits? Will you list a few?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't be the idiot SNA who crashes your Cessna on top of the mall either... because you ran out of gas...

Steve, gatordev, remember that one?
NTSB report of said crash.

Attachments

• GenPDF.asp.pdf
    120.4 KB · Views: 67

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"yeah five zero eight ain't got no fuel." Classic!!!
I like this one better: The controller asked what kind of fuel problem do you have and the pilot replied "ah my gauges are empty."

His gauges huh?

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
I got a chuckle out of that one as well. The narrative almost conveys the panicky vibe, that I would bet, the pilot was putting out over the air waves. :)

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I flew gliders and towed them in a single engine tailwheel while in api and primary. API/NASC never asked me about orm'ing those two activities, but primary did. I just filled out a sheet of paper saying Im a good pilot and that was it. They only have issues with people trying new stuff (skydiving, scuba, etc).

I did have some minor issues going back and forth from a very sluggish towplane and a very slow glder to a hot rod mentor. ;) I stayed away from civilian flying while in fams and then picked it back up afterwards.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I flew gliders and towed them in a single engine tailwheel while in api and primary. API/NASC never asked me about orm'ing those two activities, but primary did. I just filled out a sheet of paper saying Im a good pilot and that was it. They only have issues with people trying new stuff (skydiving, scuba, etc).

I did have some minor issues going back and forth from a very sluggish towplane and a very slow glder to a hot rod mentor. ;) I stayed away from civilian flying while in fams and then picked it back up afterwards.

In advanced we were prohibited from doing most high risk activities...skydiving and what not...just because you have done something a hundred times doesn't mean it can't kill you...

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In advanced we were prohibited from doing most high risk activities...skydiving and what not...just because you have done something a hundred times doesn't mean it can't kill you...
or vice versa