• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Service aspirations of flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s an entire ASTB test prep section on this forum.
I guess my problem with y’all saying this is you literally have thousands of post related to that test dating back to 2002. I am asking from your knowledge of what may have worked for you specifically. Also I go to the search function and type in ASTB and again hundreds of things pop up. That doesn’t really help me. Again I’m not being rude, but I want to get straight and to the point not find 1,000 ways somebody else may have done it. Im guessing you’re aviators so your specific opinion would be greatly valued to me. Sorry I have asked for helpful hints and not vague information. I’m not looking to waste my time on 100 things that may not work, I want the best answer. I assume the people like yourself that have been here for a minute might have an inclination of what the best prep is. I don’t really understand how that’s lazy or complicated. If you don’t have anything helpful to say I’m not sure why you even comment.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I guess my problem with y’all saying this is you literally have thousands of post related to that test dating back to 2002. I am asking from your knowledge of what may have worked for you specifically. Also I go to the search function and type in ASTB and again hundreds of things pop up. That doesn’t really help me. Again I’m not being rude, but I want to get straight and to the point not find 1,000 ways somebody else may have done it. Im guessing you’re aviators so your specific opinion would be greatly valued to me. Sorry I have asked for helpful hints and not vague information. I’m not looking to waste my time on 100 things that may not work, I want the best answer. I assume the people like yourself that have been here for a minute might have an inclination of what the best prep is. I don’t really understand how that’s lazy or complicated. If you don’t have anything helpful to say I’m not sure why you even comment.

Based on the fact there’s been thousands of folks who have basic common sense instincts to find basic answers on here AND do well on the ASTB… perhaps the problem is your inability to understand that?

Your problem is you’re not willing to do basic research and want others to drop a plate of answers on your lap.

Based on the fact there’s been thousands of folks who have basic common sense instincts to find basic answers on here AND do well on the ASTB… perhaps the problem is your inability to understand that?

Your problem is you’re not willing to do basic research and want others to drop a plate of answers on your lap.
Ok man respectfully I’m fully done with you on this site. You have been nothing but rude in me asking basic questions. Before I went to any Army course I would ask and pick the brain of a solider that had already done it. I would ask for every tip and trick and how best to prepare. I found the personal experience very helpful. They wouldn’t just send me to a vague search engine that has everyone and their brothers opinion. Not that there isn’t useful information on that search engine, but that solider knew it would be better if I had information straight from the horses mouth. Call it what you will, but again you haven’t been anything but critical for no point.

HuggyU2

None
You got off to a really bad start.

Within minutes of registering for the site... rather than look around for 69 minutes, you make your first post and speak to everyone like they are a bunch of chuckleheads that need to straighten up and fly right, and not waste your time. Well, the folks here are pretty savvy about the subject you are interested in. So how about changing the tone so that they are willing to maybe help YOU in THEIR free time?

FormerRecruitingGuru has been helping people here for quite a while, in areas that most aviators know nothing about, but is critical to becoming a commissioned officer and aviator. He doesn't need to be told that you don't need "vague information".

"If you don’t have anything helpful to say I’m not sure why you even comment."
This statement says a lot. You joined this site, and within 24 hours are bitching about its culture.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah your right study material that was presented to you by those that had gone before. That’s what I’m managing to do here.
No, back in my day there were no printed guides, practice tests or the like. You were told what to expect (mathematics, some elementary engineering…and really crappy drawings of horizons that you used to determine the position of a poorly sketched airplane! Oh, and I came up from the enlisted ranks as well.

Mos

None
Try the following posts.
Kyle's drive, linked in the second post seems to be a popular resource many find helpful. Good luck (you definitely need it).

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As much as I enjoy a good dogpile, I think we’re done here.

OP, your current approach of trying to tell a bunch of winged aviators how it is isn’t working. It’d be like me rolling in hot to a forum full of SOF dudes as a wannabe and telling them I don’t have time to do research and expect straight answers. Do some digging around the site and ask specific questions in the threads that are already open.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah your right study material that was presented to you by those that had gone before. That’s what I’m managing to do here.
Nope. Not anyone I knew in AZ that had taken the test to ask for help.

@HuggyU2 thouched on it. You are acting like your time is more important than ours. Not so. Nor do we owe you any obligation. You got great advice and vectors to official info. That is more than most of us ever got.

Status
Not open for further replies.