• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRIMARY VANCE or MOODY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHigh

does anyone know what selection has been like at Vance or Moody for SNA's? And is it true the T-6 has half the procedures, and EP's to memorize as the T-34?

wali

Hmmm, I think I'll take my chances at Moody. I attended Valdosta State Universtiy and seeing all these aircraft fly and visiting the base on countless occassions has made me like Moody AFB. I have a long way to go before making a selection but I would like to pick Moody since I am fimiliar with the base and the whole city of Valdosta not to mention my girlfriend is finishing college here.

Vic;
I don't know how far along you are in training but do you know my friend Ensign Mark Bair. He is also doing his primary at Moody AFB. A very intelligent dude.

navy101

Wali I'm with you. I still have OCS(2 weeks) and API, but when the time comes I would like to go to Moody. I guess call me crazy.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Wali,
That name sounds familiar, but I don't know. I would probably recognize him if I saw him. Maybe, when I get to the flight line I could tell you for sure.

Av Fan

I know the Tweet is old as hell, but you start getting multiengine jet time from day 1. Doesnt sound too bad to me. If you go to Moody though, they only have Texans.

wali

Texans and those sweet little T-38's. Those little jets are awesome. I see the Texans and the Talons flying around all the time. Texan will be a pretty neat little plane for primary....

NavyLonghorn

I saw a Texan on saturday in Duluth... man is it pretty. Apparently they have a squadron of them at Randolph in Texas... I didnt know.

petescheu

Ya'll got any Q's about Vance/Moody, check out the "Anyone actually been to Vance or Moody?" which is just a couple under this one on the main page. Sounds like ya'll are real gung ho about A/F training... def read those posts before you decide to come out here to Moody or go to Vance. Any Q's shoot 'em out, swopapa and I are here at Moody, we'll let you know what the deal is.

erabe07

NavyLonghorn-

I was also at the Duluth Airshow this Saturday. The texan looked very appealing. Damn cool seeing an F-14 up close for the first time, not to mention all the other military aircraft (F-117, 15s, 16s, etc.). There were way too many people up there, how long did you wait in the parking lot to get out?

Rex

Maybe Moody and the T-6 would be worth dealing with airforce training, but I can't think of a person I've met who was glad they went to Vance and did it the airforce way. Not that the training isn't just as good, but the harrassment package sounds worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.