• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Previous Experimental Drug use

Status
Not open for further replies.

RENEGADE

If you have experimented with an illegal drug (such as marijuana)only once would it be a good idea at all not to put it on applications? I'm filling out an NROTC College Program Application and I've come across this vary question. How would admitting to previous drug experimentation effect make my chances of becoming an Officer in the Navy? Or would it take me out of certain positions such as in aviation? If you tried the drug more than a year ago would it show up in any Navy administered drug tests?

NavyLonghorn

Danger... Danger... Danger....

Instead of everyone going off on this as usual... just search for the answer to this question.. its been answered.. a million times.. with a million words.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Doing drugs can inhibit your ability to spell the word "VERY". Beware of drugs...

Speaking seriously, you should make your own decision based on the fact that saying you've messed around with drugs(whether or not it was habitual) will hurt your chances. Also, you better make sure it's not a habit b/c they will drug test you. I wonder if they do a spinal tap or not? One mid I noe went to private school so he noes lots about rec drug use and he's always going on about mushrooms don't show up unless they do a spinal tap...but then he's a weird one.

perchul

Military administered spinal taps are awful, I remember the one I got for the flight physical hurt like a (explitive of your choice). They say they do it to see if you have some disfiguring disease but they may very well check for acid, shrooms, and various other psycotropics.

They do spinal taps!? Aww ####! I dunno the idea of drawing fluid from the spine just makes me queasy...I don't like needles to begin with. ####!

perchul

Well if you believe that post I've got some oceanfront property to sell you in Arizona, no one is doing a spinal tap and you would have to do one hell of a drug to have it show up on a test if its been over a year. In all seriousness though integrity should be a huge part of being an officer, part of integrity is to admit those things you may be ashamed of. Obviously at some point you thought it was ok to do this drug though now you may think differently that is still part of you. The Navy is going to make a big deal over it anyway, they know how inconsequential the action was.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Whatever happened to doing the right thing because it was the right thing to do? It doesn't matter if they'll find out or not. I guess words like "honor" and "integrity" don't meany anything to you, but if you want to lead troops into war (that's what officers do you know)it damn well better start meaning something.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
i don't mean this as a rip or a flame, but why in the hell do people experiment with drugs in the first place, the good that is felt is only temporary....people should just go running to the point of pain more often....now thats the drug i like.

That's a new one...they should add that to the security checklist:

1)Have you experimented with recreational drugs?
2)Have you sniffed paint or glue?
3)Do you enjoy running to the point of exhaustion to give yourself a high?"

jaerose

Basically, it's your decision what you put down on your application, but it's also a decision you'll have to live with whether they find out, or not. Also, yes, they can detect marijuana use in hair follicles for something like 3 years from the date of use. I don't think I've heard of them doing this to anyone during a physical, but the potential is there.

JR

its still a high. It may make you a security risk if you get addicted to it.
Imagine:
You've just been shot down and captured and you're being interrogated by some crazy North Koreans...they say "Give us all the secrets or we'll lock you up and never let you run again!" How wud u react to THAT huh? :p

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
just don't put me in a hot tub..near the beach....for the love of all that is good...don't make me do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.