• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pressure Chamber / Death by Powerpoint

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Turn in your man card.

What is with having a frosty beverage after a long day at work? My frig is full of O'Douls, Zima and wine coolers. What is wrong with that?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
My frig is full of O'Douls, Zima and wine coolers. What is wrong with that?

ohboy.gif
Oh, the humanity . . .

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
You guys are a bunch of wuss's.

You see, we live in a world .... I don't give a damn what EP's you think aren't correct.

Fantastic!

On the subject of PPT, you'd think that with all the time, money, and effort the military goes through to construct such ridiculous slide shows, they'd at least have figured out how to insert a fvcking movie correctly. I cannot begin to count the number of professional powerpoint presentations I've had to endure where the inserted movies would not play. I just do not understand it. It's not limited to command, community, or rank.

ps- why did my name get dragged into this? :)

pps- you clowns in TS crying about CBT/CAIs have quite a wakeup coming when you get to the FRS. You know nothing about death by powerpoint/cbt/cai. when you have to endure one 200-ish slide long presentation about one of your radios, you'll have an idea of real pain.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, I've been awakened. And I know the pain of trying to get through 200 slides about narrow-band frequency spectrums, bins, Vernier-ing frequencies, and let's not forget, Demon-processing. This all while being in a room that is kept at a pleasant 55 degrees F. in a building that I swear would suck the energy out of you. It wouldn't matter how sunny and clear it was in San Diego, that building would be cold, dark, and depressing. <shudder>

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
gatordev said:
Oh, I've been awakened. And I know the pain of trying to get through 200 slides about narrow-band frequency spectrums, bins, Vernier-ing frequencies, and let's not forget, Demon-processing. This all while being in a room that is kept at a pleasant 55 degrees F. in a building that I swear would suck the energy out of you. It wouldn't matter how sunny and clear it was in San Diego, that building would be cold, dark, and depressing. <shudder>

be happy the other rag's building was the exact opposite. Hot, Humid and mostly full of broken computers. 200 slide presentation... there are more than a couple of those now.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Really? I know your sims have always sucked, but the couple of times I've been using the sims over there, it's seemed "nice." Then again, I think CBTs and khakis have something in common. It's like Kryptonite for pilots.

EDIT

Just remembered that sim on the far left, I think it was. That one really sucked. I'd click the trim, and it would eventually decide where it would trim to, usually no where near the attitude I needed to not die.

NavyLonghorn

I got to fly an entire insturment sim with a trim button that wouldnt click atall. Set known pitch and power settings.. trim... ****.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
Naval PowerPoint Presenter Wings?

Shouldn't the Powerpoint logo be red, that looks like Outlook brown...... :icon_tong

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
gatordev said:
Really? I know your sims have always sucked, but the couple of times I've been using the sims over there, it's seemed "nice." Then again, I think CBTs and khakis have something in common. It's like Kryptonite for pilots.

EDIT

Just remembered that sim on the far left, I think it was. That one really sucked. I'd click the trim, and it would eventually decide where it would trim to, usually no where near the attitude I needed to not die.

It is not so bad anymore, well compared to the TOFT. But that is an entirely different story

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, I never flew the TOFT. This was back in August 04. The closest I got to the TOFT was in San Dog when we were giving our nuggets their Level 300 checkrides on our way home. I got bored and recommended to the WTI that we start flying the Apache in front of their helo after giving them a streaming fuel emergency. I think we killed an engine too. Somehow, the Apache kept flying right in front of the -60 while it was on final to the back of the boat. :)