• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pressure Chamber / Death by Powerpoint

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
CAI/CBTs suck, there's no doubt. But what totally drives me crazy is being REQUIRED to do EPs on the CBTs. I just don't learn that way and it's sooooo.....slow.

Don't even get me started... the EP CAIs are not correct for the T-45C... it's atrocious.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Don't even get me started... the EP CAIs are not correct for the T-45C... it's atrocious.

And the test questions don't always match the NATOPS/SOP/FTI/[fill-in-pub-acronym-here] "correct answer." Yeesh.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys are a bunch of wuss's.

You see, we live in a world that has Power Point, and those Power Point slides have to be made by men with computers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Fly Navy? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Squeeze, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Flash's job, while tragic, probably saves lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about in the ready room, you want Flash making those Power Point slides, you need him on that computer. We use words like Slide Number, Font, Hide Slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent making Power Point presentations. You, Fly Navy, use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the Power Point presentations that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a mouse and start clicking. Either way, I don't give a damn what EP's you think aren't correct.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
roflcopter7.gif

That was pretty good Steve, rep points if I could. But CAI is worse than PPT. You haven't looked that demon in the mouth... have you...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:

You see, we live in a world that has Power Point, and those Power Point slides have to be made by men with computers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Fly Navy? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Squeeze, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Flash's job, while tragic, probably saves lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Flash making those Power Point slides, you need him on that computer. We use words like Slide Number, Font, Hide Slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent making Power Point presentations. You, Fly Navy, use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the Power Point presentations that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a mouse and start clicking. Either way, I don't give a damn what EP's you think aren't correct.

I see a good Budweiser power point creator man commercial from that...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CAI as in CBT? Yea, been there done that and I agree with Gatordev....I just don't learn like that. Ironically, new SWO's get to do their initial training via CBT on the ships (in addition to their practicals). Those are the ones you should weep for. :icon_cryi

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
You see, we live in a world that has Power Point..........etc, etc., ........ Either way, I don't give a damn what EP's you think aren't correct.

The above is probably the best, funniest, wittiest post I have seen on AW .... and from a SWO, to boot. I weep .....

The Horror .... the Humanity .....

an340ku.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hang on, Steve, let me get a piece of paper and make a list of the things I should weep for regarding the SWOs....

@Fly and Nit: While there aren't as many mistakes as when I was going through as a student, the T-34 still has errors as well. I try and avoid the CBTs as much as possible, and I'm pretty sure the guy I have to go talk to if I don't complete a set is the same guy that was in my last squardon, so not too worried there. ;)

nugget81

pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
You see, we live in a world that has Power Point, and those Power Point slides have to be made ............Either way, I don't give a damn what EP's you think aren't correct.
Steve, how long did that one take you?

I want the truth!

Spin

SNA in Meridian
nittany03 said:
And the test questions don't always match the NATOPS/SOP/FTI/[fill-in-pub-acronym-here] "correct answer." Yeesh.

Yeah ... thats why the instructors dwn here say the best page to study in the FIT's is the last page .... that says "notes" and is blank.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Fly Navy said:

But at least we don't have to complete the wrong CAI's :) Got out early on Fri cause of that :icon_smil

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spin said:
But at least we don't have to complete the wrong CAI's :) Got out early on Fri cause of that :icon_smil

You're in SYSTEMS and you got out EARLY?????

B****rd. :D:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:

You see, we live in a world that has Power Point, and those Power Point slides have to be made by men with computers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Fly Navy? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Squeeze, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Flash's job, while tragic, probably saves lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about in the ready room, you want Flash making those Power Point slides, you need him on that computer. We use words like Slide Number, Font, Hide Slide. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent making Power Point presentations. You, Fly Navy, use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the Power Point presentations that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a mouse and start clicking. Either way, I don't give a damn what EP's you think aren't correct.

You know, there is nothing more satisfying than coming home after a day when I spent an hour creating a slide answering a General Officer's question "Icing? I thought it was hot over there [Middle East], how could the [aircraft] crash because it flew through icing? I know it was 20,000ft but it must be too hot for icing." Thats right, I came home and cracked a cold O'Douls because I knew that I was keeping the world safe for democracy by completing my powerpoint for the day.

I cannot believe how low I have sunk. After two fleet tours and 8 years of flying, I am reduced to being chained to my desk and doing powerpoint slides. As hard as it is to believe, the above story is real. Instead of being surrounded by people who know aviation (any squadron in the military) an 'operator' are a rarity where I work. You are thankful if you get a chance to talk to someone who has an operational background, I am even thankful when we talk to SWO's :eek: . Even they 'get it' when it comes to operations. I deal with people who have never worked outside the DC area and are oblivious to reality, the comment was made the other day "operational neccesity ain't gonna cut it, everyone needs to attend [another BS class]" ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH :icon_rage

And Steve, a very good post. Probably the funniest thing I have ever read on AW, did you have to make me the subject though.......? :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
Thats right, I came home and cracked a cold O'Douls because I knew that I was keeping the world safe for democracy by completing my powerpoint for the day.

Turn in your man card.