• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Presidential Valet

So, the news mentioned that President Trump valet was a "member of the Navy". Among the valet's duties were serving the President his diet cokes and meals.

I can't imagine that an officer would carry out such duties. So. is the Presidential valet and officer or an NCO?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So, the news mentioned that President Trump valet was a "member of the Navy". Among the valet's duties were serving the President his diet cokes and meals.

I can't imagine that an officer would carry out such duties. So. is the Presidential valet and officer or an NCO?

There's enlisted staff members, usually supply related (CS, LS, RS, etc.)

This answers a ton of your questions about WHMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Military_Office

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
He is enlisted. There are a good number of enlisted jobs there, like most of the drivers in the WH car pool (does not include the POTUS driver). As I recall they are divided equally between all branches of the service...except maybe Space Force. ?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The news frequently refers to Petty Officers or CPOs simply as officers. Of course not commissioned officers, technically correct, but not the Navy tradition.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot

Then you haven’t been a flight student, SDO, or drilled with a bunch of Prima Donna 0-6s.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
There's enlisted staff members, usually supply related (CS, LS, RS, etc.)

This answers a ton of your questions about WHMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Military_Office

I have a buddy who was an ETCS at the WH comms unit and he said it was a really great deal. He said he got to stay in a lot of five star hotels and go to a bunch of fancy dinners and whatnot. The only downside was he was constantly traveling and often times for longer than POTUS was there. He said they'd show up early, set up a comms suite, support POTUS while he was there, and then spend a few days on the backend doing clean up.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I have a buddy who was an ETCS at the WH comms unit and he said it was a really great deal. He said he got to stay in a lot of five star hotels and go to a bunch of fancy dinners and whatnot. The only downside was he was constantly traveling and often times for longer than POTUS was there. He said they'd show up early, set up a comms suite, support POTUS while he was there, and then spend a few days on the backend doing clean up.
sounds like one of those jobs I wish I'd found when I was single

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of my contemporaries at NAWDC was a presidential "Football" guy during a previous admin. He had lots of good things to say about the job in general, and it would certainly be fascinating to be that close to decision-makers at the level.