• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Presented Without Comment

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More or less the same reason guys with small penises start bar fights. Overcompensation.
Wow. The wives’ club, off the top rope . . . ?

d91.gif

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
The light gray Eagle community is the closest that I have found to the USMC Hornet community. You're going to have outliers, and I've never met this dude, but you can't say there aren't dudes in the USN/USMC Hornet community you don't despise...

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The light gray Eagle community is the closest that I have found to the USMC Hornet community. You're going to have outliers, and I've never met this dude, but you can't say there aren't dudes in the USN/USMC Hornet community you don't despise...

Yeah I’ve seen hornet dudes do lots of stupid shit trying to copy the AF. Crud, elbow pointing, cutting off pieces of their flight suits. Just need to start pretending Jeremiah Weed isn’t terrible and rolling sleeves inside out.

HuggyU2

None
Yeah I’ve seen hornet dudes do lots of stupid shit trying to copy the AF. Crud,...
Crud is a great game to play. It is a blast. Back in the late 90's when the O'Club at Beale was happening on a Friday night, we would pre-game at the squadron, and then push to the Big House where the wives would already be having their pre-game. Despite being a non-fighter base, the Club had a Crud Room and we would play. Many of the wives would play too, and some were pretty damn good. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't about knocking people to the ground, though if you watch the idiots play it at Nellis you might not realize that. Sure, that is the way a lot of people play it... but when our team went to the AF Crud Championship in '97, the guys that won it (and the $10,000 prize) didn't touch anyone when they played. They hustled and made every damn shot. It was pretty awesome to watch.

I bought a new house 5 years ago, and my wife... who loves playing Crud... converted one of the downstairs areas to a Crud room. My neighbors want to play now that they have learned how.

If I'm somewhere and there's a game of Crud, I'm playing. Feel free to join in... or stand around and hold your dick.

Last edited:

Deere1450

pilot
Crud is a great game to play. It is a blast. Back in the late 90's when the O'Club at Beale was happening on a Friday night, we would pre-game at the squadron, and then push to the Big House where the wives would already be having their pre-game. Despite being a non-fighter base, the Club had a Crud Room and we would play. Many of the wives would play too, and some were pretty damn good. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't about knocking people to the ground, though if you watch the idiots play it at Nellis you might not realize that. Sure, that is the way a lot of people play it... but when our team went to the AF Crud Championship in '97, the guys that won it (and the $10,000 prize) didn't touch anyone when they played. They hustled and made every damn shot. It was pretty awesome to watch.

I bought a new house 5 years ago, and my wife... who loves playing Crud... converted one of the downstairs areas to a Crud room. My neighbors want to play now that they have learned how.
View attachment 25511

If I'm somewhere and there's a game of Crud, I'm playing. Feel free to join in... or stand around and hold your dick.
What about playing Crud ANNNNDDD holding my dick?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Give them time. It’s hard to have good traditions when the best part of your history happened before you became an independent service.

Go ARMY Air Forces! ?

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None

View attachment 25511

Only played once at the O'Club at Eielson AFB and it was a blast.

It didn't hurt that I got to watch my training officer get knocked on his ass by a 5'4" A-10 chick; that was awesome!

taxi1

pilot

View attachment 25511

Learned from an A6 guy who did an exchange tour in F111s.

The bar at the Penn State U hotel (the one out towards the stadium, for alumnus) had a pool table with pockets so you can play. It may still. Years ago I taught a bunch of our civilian friends to play it, and it was a blast. We got shut down for too much raucousness.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Learned from an A6 guy who did an exchange tour in F111s.

The bar at the Penn State U hotel (the one out towards the stadium, for alumnus) had a pool table with pockets so you can play. It may still. Years ago I taught a bunch of our civilian friends to play it, and it was a blast. We got shut down for too much raucousness.
LOL . . . you mean Whiskers at the Nittany Lion Inn? I imagine commandeering a high-price establishment like that as a crud pit must have gone over like dropping the proverbial F-bomb in church. ?

Edit: ah, reading comprehension FAIL, you meant the Penn Stater. Still funny. I was trying to remember if the NLI even HAD a pool table anywhere.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Fun coincidence, it turns out one of my friends was -2 for this flyby.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Any chance you know the back story(ies) behind that one?

Just curious

Wish I could say I did. Maybe you'd know more about it than me, based on your screen name. The Gump I've worked with is a great dude though.

+1 on Crud being a great game. I learned it as a kid, from a friend's dad who was a USAF Skyraider pilot in Vietnam. We'd have our own tournaments growing up. I was disappointed to learn that comparatively few USN fighter pilots play. I got funny looks in my first squadron for asking.