• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Presented Without Comment

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Wish I could say I did. Maybe you'd know more about it than me, based on your screen name. The Gump I've worked with is a great dude.

The screen name is a bit of a premonition. When I get a call sign, unless I do something deservingly stupid (and that's a good bet) I'll have to remove the "dont".

I met a "Gump" during a helo fly in. Wore an orange flight suit, blue polo under it, and said his mission was to "piss off all the tightwad XOs within hearing or sight distance".

I wouldn't mind sharing callsigns with a guy like that.

croakerfish

pilot
The screen name is a bit of a premonition. When I get a call sign, unless I do something deservingly stupid (and that's a good bet) I'll have to remove the "dont".

I met a "Gump" during a helo fly in. Wore an orange flight suit, blue polo under it, and said his mission was to "piss off all the tightwad XOs within hearing or sight distance".

I wouldn't mind sharing callsigns with a guy like that.

That Gump lies like the hillbilly he is.

taxi1

pilot
LOL . . . you mean Whiskers at the Nittany Lion Inn? I imagine commandeering a high-price establishment like that as a crud pit must have gone over like dropping the proverbial F-bomb in church. ?

Edit: ah, reading comprehension FAIL, you meant the Penn Stater. Still funny. I was trying to remember if the NLI even HAD a pool table anywhere.
Yup, Penn Stater. They still got excitable about it. ;)

Having the campus empty in April is bizarro land. No ArtsFest this summer either. Hope it’s open in the Fall.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Crud is a great game to play.

Indeed, it is. I learned when we went up to CAFB Bagotville for a week to provide adversary support to the Canucks when they still had F-5's. They play full contact Crud north of the border. A year or so later we went to Cold Lake for an exercise and played every night for the week we were there. I came home feeling like I'd endured a week of spring training for football.