• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prep for and passing PRT at OCS

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Ah okay, thanks. I'm running about 11:15 now, hoping to be around 10 in a month or so.

Future SWO?

Final Select SWO 1/25 OCS date 6/14/08
What happens if you rock out the push ups, hit arm failure and drop before the 2 min limit.

I'm a female and I hit 40 push ups (not that 40 is rocking it out) in the first minute, and then my arms give out. Will I roll into H if I can't hold myself up for another minute?:confused:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
What happens if you rock out the push ups, hit arm failure and drop before the 2 min limit.

I'm a female and I hit 40 push ups (not that 40 is rocking it out) in the first minute, and then my arms give out. Will I roll into H if I can't hold myself up for another minute?:confused:

No. You'll just hear "You're DONE!" and as long as you got the min, you're fine. That being said, don't be the ninny who is puffing and blowing and whimpering and then falls and gets all dramatic. If you collapse, get up, shake it off, and get back into the pushup position. The DIs HATE it when Candidates try to get dramatic to make them think they are giving a ton of effort. Even if you are straining to the point of seeing stars, giving 150% of what you thought you had in you, try to minimize ANY groaning, breathing hard and straining noises. They just think you're being a drama queen.

If you fall to the deck in pushups, get back up. If your feet drop to the deck on leg-lifts, then take a second and get em back up. DO NOT ever just give up or take WAY too long to get back up there. These are the things that you go to H for or draw negative attention. The staff isn't retarded. Nobody can hold their legs in the air for 20 minutes, but as long as you are constantly trying to keep up, you are doing ok. It's the people who are resting or looking when the DI/Chief turns away to PURPOSEFULLY put their feet down that are the sh!tbags.

mgreen121774

Hey Bogey Spotter -

I am a newbie, a soon-to-be-commissioned reserve ensign, so please forgive the dumb question: To what are you referring when you speak of rolling "into H" in OCS? My impression is that to roll just means you get moved to another OCS class (i.e. start over?), but what does the H part mean? Is there a DCO equivalent? Thanks for the gouge.....

P.S. - Please pardon my recent "vision test" posting SNAFU. My forum IQ has been down lately... I have posted my regrets to the dead horse. :)

Trey

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey Bogey Spotter -

I am a newbie, a soon-to-be-commissioned reserve ensign, so please forgive the dumb question: To what are you referring when you speak of rolling "into H" in OCS? My impression is that to roll just means you get moved to another OCS class (i.e. start over?), but what does the H part mean? Is there a DCO equivalent? Thanks for the gouge.....

P.S. - Please pardon my recent "vision test" posting SNAFU. My forum IQ has been down lately... I have posted my regrets to the dead horse. :)

Trey

I have no knowledge about the inner-workings of DCO school. I am pretty certain that you can roll (as you can with most indoc navy schools), but not sure how it works. Perhaps there is a DCO officer on the boards here who can help answer some of your questions. For OCS, H is the holding class that you roll into and stay in limbo before rejoining a new class.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
A drill instructor may come over and take away points and possibly zero you out. Since you can't get back up and do more after you put down a knee, you risk going to H. Simply put: there is no maxing out the pushups on the in-PFA, and you better not get slow before 1:30.

I'm not saying that it WILL happen, but it could. Don't put yourself in a position where you need to get lucky.

Runs are usually between 2-3 miles when you take into account warmup and cooldown laps. Run days are Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. The leader of the DI or Chief leading fast/medium/slow group will often stop intermittently for additional PT. You will rarely just run a straight 1.5-2.5 miles at a constant pace.

utak

yup, but the PRT is not like the Fleet though. As people said here before, the DIs have every right/excuse to reset your stuff at zero.

We had an ET1 Sub Nuke in our class who was so fat he called a training time out in the middle of the PRT, right before the run. He DOR'ed soon afterwards. Jesus.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
A drill instructor may come over and take away points and possibly zero you out. Since you can't get back up and do more after you put down a knee, you risk going to H. Simply put: there is no maxing out the pushups on the in-PFA, and you better not get slow before 1:30.

I'm not saying that it WILL happen, but it could. Don't put yourself in a position where you need to get lucky.

Runs are usually between 2-3 miles when you take into account warmup and cooldown laps. Run days are Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. The leader of the DI or Chief leading fast/medium/slow group will often stop intermittently for additional PT. You will rarely just run a straight 1.5-2.5 miles at a constant pace.

I did 66 pushups but was not able to stay up the full 2 minutes and was fine. There was nobody in my class that reached their pushup goal and failed becasue they couldn't stay up the full two minutes. Its up to the D.I.