• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-OCS Shopping List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
We had the really short silk looking green shorts in marine boot...but we didn't get them until the end. They are really comfortable to run in but i would never wear them anywhere but organized PT since "the boys" make their appearance pretty easily.

I think i rate 3 ribbons...my good conduct (enlisted marine), national defense, and maybe rifle sharpshooter (from marine qualification)...so i guess i need the corresponding medals for these also...can someone confirm that i should wear the rifle sharpshooter ribbon/medal?

what supplies are needed for the RLP besides socks, tighty whities, and t-shirts that i could buy now? How many sets? Do i need extra dress shoes or running shoes? can i bring my "coreframs"(pre-shiny leather)?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Sabre170 said:
Where are those pictures from? It looks like a squad bay to me, but I thought OCS had dorm rooms.

Indoc week is held in a squad bay. That place will smell like complete ass by the time you leave. USMC-USN, glad to see you trying to get a jump on things, but you will be issued everything you need for 4th week RLP. I would bring some of your own white towels, so you can use the ones you're issued for RLP, but other than that, it's all issued, and you have an allowance to cover your initial poopie gear.

An extra pair of running shoes is a good idea for RLP. Those should only be worn after passing 9th week. You won't get to wear coraframs until you're candio, and yes, you should wear any ribbon you earned. The first chance you will get to wear these is on the summer white for 4th week RLP.

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
Sharpshooter rates a ribbon with a bronze "S"...but not a medal?

Thanks for all of your replies, fellas. This takes quite a bit off my mind about OCS. and trying to prepare for heading down there. i guess i will just get in shape and worry about the rest when i get there!

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Just curious, but about how much can I expect to spend on all this stuff I need before I go to OCS (just a rough estimate).

Status
Not open for further replies.