• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

power school instructor?

boobcheese

When I checked in for A-pool there was a JG that had done a lat Xfer from nuke instructor to pilot. While I imagine this isn't commonplace it just goes to show that anything is possible.

LuckyGator

Might want to check on EDO. That requires a SWO or Sub Warfare Qual.

Yes, you might be right about that. When I go to the EDO community page at CNRC's website, it says that all EDO's start off as URL's and get Warfare qualification. However.... not to be argumentative, but I'm wondering if there aren't waivers of some sort? I only say this because in the info packet given to us on the VIP trip to NPS, it gives examples of "future opportunities in the Navy" and EDO is one of them.

Anyways, assuming that's not the case... I wonder what are the possibilities for a DIO starting as a Nuke Instructor to then make a lateral transfer (after 4 years) to the 111x community, for example.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
However.... not to be argumentative, but I'm wondering if there aren't waivers of some sort? I only say this because in the info packet given to us on the VIP trip to NPS, it gives examples of "future opportunities in the Navy" and EDO is one of them.

I'd ask your recruiter on that one. The whole point of EDO is to get people who used to be on ships/subs to fill that billet. Waiving that kind of exp seems odd.

In terms of lat xfer, the general rule is the sooner the better, so is there anything that says you must be an instructor for 4 years? I'm sure transferring after two opens up more doors, but I could be talking out of my ass, which happens to be a hobby of mine :)

LuckyGator

In terms of lat xfer, the general rule is the sooner the better, so is there anything that says you must be an instructor for 4 years?

That's a good question! And one that wasn't brought up by anyone at the VIP trip to learn about the school. I have a feeling the answer is "no" because they supposedly "really need instructors." Also, once you are assigned to a billet, is it really possible that you could lat. xfer in the middle of it? I'm not in the Navy yet and don't know all of the regulations, but my understanding was that once your orders assign you to a certain billet, you would have to wait it out until the end before you can go and do something else.