• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post OCS, Pre-API stash jobs

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Ok, old thread but I had a question about OHARP. I know you have to pay to move yourself back to your hometown, but do you still receieve BAH? It sounds like you receieve BAH for Pensacola and not your OHARP location. Correct? Thanks!

You'll recieve BAH for P-Cola, since it is your actual duty station.

Notso07

None
Is this just an OCS option or is it possible for an academy grad SNFO to request OHARP orders after reporting to pcola to try to get through some of the 8 mos they tell us we'll be waiting in the pool for API?

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
is the same true for PTAD orders on the green side? Only a month? Takes a couple weeks to get pre-API completed?

Two weeks is pretty realistic to finish in-processing. It's pretty much all on you how fast you get the check list done, with the exception of the NOMI physical, sometimes that might take 2 or more weeks to schedule. If you want PTAD, you have to request it and last I heard they are still only giving out 30 days. Expect about a six month wait to class up for API. Some class up in less, some more. Semper Fi

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of good info here. Let me sum up.

-NRDs like having OHARP folks around.
-You will probably have to show up everyday but it is very casual. Need to come in late or leave early, big deal. Want to hang out on your former campus, go for it. Late coming in because you bought us dough nuts, nice move. Long lunch because you took me out to tell ya sea stories, love ya.
-Yes you have to ask for OHARP and do the basic leg work to set it up. You can go to any NRD in the country. Some NRDs have independent officer recruiting activities in other cities outside of the NRD HQ. That is an option as well.
-Orders are at you own expense. So you should plan on staying with Friends or family. A BOQ would be available if you want to pay for it.
-You pay for your own transport to OHARP. Check Space A travel. May work depending on where you are going. I got word that one of my former college profs who was a Air Guard pilot was taking a KC-135 to Tampa for a football game. I went down to McDill, checked with operations and hopped a ride home in a KC-135 from the local ANG.
-Bring a buddy. Got a friend stuck in the pool with no place to go, bring him along. He can stay with you. Take him out and share all your old haunts. Introduce him to his future wife.
-Yes you keep P-cola BAH since these are temporary orders. P-cola is your permanent duty station.
-Extensions are possible if the pool is long enough. We have had guys on OHARP for nearly 3 months.
-Don't forget the dough nuts.