• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible 44% reduction in student SNAs ans SNFOs?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
We've come up with a method to identify special attrition candidates in the VTs. Right now, it revolves around who is tanking briefs and flights. When that happens, they get IPCs then FPCs IAW JPPT CH.1 RevA... Sound remarkable similar to the normal attrition process? Yup thats because it is.

Seriously, if our bosses bosses bosses don't have any idea that this is out there (they didn't as of friday) and don't have any plans or direction on how to implement this random item that shows up in a power point (which is subject to change btw.) then don't worry about it. Some of you guys just need to learn to stay in your lane and shut up and watch things unfold instead of commenting on how you think things you have no real knowledge about are going to happen.

pelexecute

pilot
None
Cargo, tanker, training command,...
and believe it or not, we are getting Navy and Marine pil... er, uh, 'aviators' too. Crazy, I know.

I'm a former P-3/T-34 IP who tranferred over to U-2's in 2010. PM me for the skinny if interested. The grass isn't always greener, but the flying is pretty cool. No brown boots with the space suit, but we still get to rock the Wings of Gold on our AF name tags.

AirGuy

What's the school? Did they "kick the ROTCs out" years ago over some butt-hurt about:
1. The Vietnam War (Oh, the humanity!… and/or existing draft policies?)
2. Military policies WRT Gays and Lesbians (back in the day)?
3. Lack of minority representation in the officer communities?
4. N0n-availability of Girl Scout "Mango Creme" cookies? [Dude…this is a TOTALLY SERIOUS issue here in San Diego…]

If ROTC was "kicked out"…for whatever reason..there may be a need for "kiss and make up".

Alternatively, there may be a"ROTC Consortium" within your area that includes your campus? Check it out...
The school is Clemson. Speaking of the Vietnam War, Clemson was all military until 1955. Closest NROTC unit is 2 hrs away.

AirGuy

We've come up with a method to identify special attrition candidates in the VTs. Right now, it revolves around who is tanking briefs and flights. When that happens, they get IPCs then FPCs IAW JPPT CH.1 RevA... Sound remarkable similar to the normal attrition process? Yup thats because it is.

What do you mean by tanking exactly? I'm just wondering so that I don't tank things...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
The school is Clemson. Speaking of the Vietnam War, Clemson was all military until 1955. Closest NROTC unit is 2 hrs away.

If there is not an already established consortium that the school is in, then you're out of luck.
Trying to get an NROTC unit established takes incredible horsepower. John Kerry has been trying for 10 years to get one at my alma mater with no luck.
You can transfer to a school with NROTC or shoot for OCS.

Renegade One

None
What do you mean by tanking exactly? I'm just wondering so that I don't tank things...
There's a "Well-Respected Member" (maybe one of the Mods?) who's "tag line" says it all: "Suck Less."

I know that's pretty non-specific, but if I'm reading the discourse correctly, there appear to still be some who show up unprepared for the brief and flight; haven't studied and aren't prepared to brief and execute the "essential requirements" for today's effort; can't rattle off the BOLD FACE emergency or "systems question" or whatever else the "Spiffy Question" of the day might be. You get the idea.

Lot's of folks better qualified than I who are "in the fray today" who can add more and better fidelity about what "tanking" means in the VTs/HTs.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Failing to meet the minimum score per maneuver to pass... leading to an UNSAT. For briefs, its a little more subjective but, basically not having your shit together and making it obvious that you haven't studied/prepped for your flight.