• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible 44% reduction in student SNAs ans SNFOs?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
AND YOU CAN DO WHAT EXACTLY TO CHANGE IT????!!!! :D

Jesus you guys. Apply. If you're good enough and there are slots you'll get to go. If not, you won't.

A wise man once told me that in the Navy, there are three things that determine everything:
1) Luck
2) Timing
3) Performance

You control one of them. Stop fucking worrying about the other two.

Renegade One

None
Well, I'm worried that if nearly half the SNA and SNFO slots get cut, then there may not be an OCS board for years to come. (Like what happened with BDCP)
Yep…that may be the "new normal". USNA (I guess first and foremost…) and NROTC (second best …) have long been the "constant pressure feed pump" that fills service pipelines. AOCS/OCS has long been the "modulator valve/sump tank" that opens and closes to mitigate short-term needs vs. "expected demand". Nothing particularly new here.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Cargo, tanker, training command,...
and believe it or not, we are getting Navy and Marine pil... er, uh, 'aviators' too. Crazy, I know.

Look for my transfer package in about 3 years. If I can't be an astronaut, I can still wear a space suit to work. Those boots come in brown?

AirGuy

AND YOU CAN DO WHAT EXACTLY TO CHANGE IT????!!!! :D

Jesus you guys. Apply. If you're good enough and there are slots you'll get to go. If not, you won't.

A wise man once told me that in the Navy, there are three things that determine everything:
1) Luck
2) Timing
3) Performance

You control one of them. Stop fucking worrying about the other two.

It's not that. It's just that if this is OCS is not a viable option then I should consider a different route now.

I don't get why my school doesn't have NROTC, we started as a military school...we have tons of military clubs, memorials, parks all over, and our stadium is even named memorial stadium. Why wouldn't the Navy put a det here?

jtmedli

pilot
So it's 2004 all over again.

New 2013 NSS is 96%.....that'll cull the herd.

Ironically, when I went through API they were letting people who failed multiple tests go on to Primary. Who then failed multiple flights there as well and still got their wings. Like I've said before: It has little to do with being "good" and more to do with "being in the right place at the right time."

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
Well, I'm worried that if nearly half the SNA and SNFO slots get cut, then there may not be an OCS board for years to come. (Like what happened with BDCP)

The CO here at NASP addressed this particular news story yesterday during our GMT. He basically said he has no idea where this came from, he has inquired about it upstairs, and that it is nothing but hearsay. That's what was put out to us here in A-pool/API. So, unless it's a secret from the guy that runs the show getting SNA's/SNFO's to primary, there's no need to worry. Hope this helps.

AirGuy

The CO here at NASP addressed this particular news story yesterday during our GMT. He basically said he has no idea where this came from, he has inquired about it upstairs, and that it is nothing but hearsay. That's what was put out to us here in A-pool/API. So, unless it's a secret from the guy that runs the show getting SNA's/SNFO's to primary, there's no need to worry. Hope this helps.
Thanks. That does help.

Money, manpower, need, etc.
True. I think we are still a good choice for a det. We've had Army / Air Force here for a long time. It's probably because this area is small and wouldn't have served as many people as a bigger city with more cross-town colleges. Oh well, glad OCS is still an option.

Renegade One

None
It's not that. It's just that if this is OCS is not a viable option then I should consider a different route now.

I don't get why my school doesn't have NROTC, we started as a military school...we have tons of military clubs, memorials, parks all over, and our stadium is even named memorial stadium. Why wouldn't the Navy put a det here?
What's the school? Did they "kick the ROTCs out" years ago over some butt-hurt about:
1. The Vietnam War (Oh, the humanity!… and/or existing draft policies?)
2. Military policies WRT Gays and Lesbians (back in the day)?
3. Lack of minority representation in the officer communities?
4. N0n-availability of Girl Scout "Mango Creme" cookies? [Dude…this is a TOTALLY SERIOUS issue here in San Diego…]

If ROTC was "kicked out"…for whatever reason..there may be a need for "kiss and make up".

Alternatively, there may be a"ROTC Consortium" within your area that includes your campus? Check it out...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True. I think we are still a good choice for a det. We've had Army / Air Force here for a long time. It's probably because this area is small and wouldn't have served as many people as a bigger city with more cross-town colleges. Oh well, glad OCS is still an option.

Money, manpower, need, etc.

The Navy has long had a lot less ROTC units at schools than the Army and Air Force, especially the Army. When I was in NROTC there were about 60 or so units while the USAF and Army both had over 100.

exNavyOffRec

It came from a powerpoint brief on the effects of the cuts, it is on this site somewhere and details overall and state by state, NRD's have been told about who they will lose as far as civilians, and that be prepared for boards to be cancelled.

jtmedli

pilot
For those of you who are stressing this, I applied/came in a little over 2 years ago when things weren't looking great either and the 'swing' came back around as I was coming through API. Best thing you can is, as advised previously, dont stress it and put the app in the mail and do your absolute best at all times. All else must be left up to luck and timing.