• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Poor Man's Machine gun?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And why they are caught up on bayonet lugs and retractable buttstocks on M4 types. Im just a simpleton, but I really dont believe laws like CA has make a damn bit of difference. I really believe the "bad guys" are going to get what they want through their illegal avenues anyway ... its probably cheaper and there is no paper trail. Ill just stop at that ... I was going to talk about how I feel about politicians but I might not be staying within the UCMJ rules ...
s/f

Hey, Clinton is out of office - fair game. :D That's the administration that started the whole assault rifle boogey-man legislation that used cosmetic features to determine the "dangerousness" of certain weapons. I'm sure it gives the crime victim significant solace when he exclaims, "Thank goodness that rifle doesn't have a folding stock or flash suppressor," as the round explodes his aorta. :rolleyes:

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I still don't understand CA's hangup on having a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.
And you never will, either .... as it's not about 10 rounds, 11 rounds, or 12 rounds in the magazine; it's not about right/wrong, makes sense/no sense, fights crime/doesn't fight crime ... and remember, when something DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ... there's ALWAYS a reason why .... :)

In this case, it's politics, politicians, "sending a message", "fighting crime", etc., etc. .... without really doing anything of substance ... and since it makes no sense .... it makes perfect sense .... in the arena of public policy and the perceived need on the part of politicians to be doing "something".

Make sense??? :):sleep_125

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Hey, Clinton is out of office - fair game. :D That's the administration that started the whole assault rifle boogey-man legislation that used cosmetic features to determine the "dangerousness" of certain weapons. I'm sure it gives the crime victim significant solace when he exclaims, "Thank goodness that rifle doesn't have a folding stock or flash suppressor," as the round explodes his aorta. :rolleyes:

Brett

Yeah, my fav was always the potential threat posed by a group of would-be muggers issuing the command, "Fix bayonets!"

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, my fav was always the potential threat posed by a group of would-be muggers issuing the command, "Fix bayonets!"

I was so worried about those retractable buttstock muggers ... thank God they require a fixed buttstock now ... that way they cant get through doorways ... or something like that ... thats about as close to any logic I can get with that BS

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yesterday, I was nearly drive by bayoneted...

Funny thing is that with the flash supperssor I have on my (disassembled) SKS, you can't pull the bayonet forward all the way, rendering it useful only as a comical sort of monopod :D. Shouldn't those two features cancel eachother out or something? Can I get a ruling on that, Sen. Boxer? :D

Brett