• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pool Waiting - Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum

I have to stand up here and agree with Frumby. It really shows the maturity level of someone if they are willing to DOR because they have to go on a ship for a few months. I must state my feelings on this- yes I have been selected for aviation. SNA OR SNFO to me the same community. However first and foremost I have been selected to become a NAVAL OFFICER. The NAVY and my responsibilities as an officer outweigh my particular designator. I think that a person needs to look at the big picture, and the long term goals on ones' decision to enter the military. To fly would be great and they have been given that opportunity, but ultimately your loyalty and priority comes from the fact that you are a commissioned officer in this country's armed forces. You wear your uniform with pride and respect the office in which you hold. By being an uncomprising example to the enlisted men and women that you supervise and a honorable and loyal officer to those that serve with you.

Your designator is important in that of your own personal pride-but the military is based upon the ideaology of service. Service to yourself-to your fellow sailors and marines-to your family-to your officers in command-to your branch-to your fellow americans-to humanity of the world.

I apologize if I sound longwinded but this is how I feel. And if your not fond of being on a ship-I cannot understand why they wanted to be in the NAVY. Everyone has their reasons I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.