• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is still a possible stay of execution with 3-star backing. More details when I know more.

2011 = Centennial of Naval Aviation, and it would be dumb to get rid of one of our historic uniforms in 2011.

Good to know. Even if they do get tossed eventually if I ever meet you in person you're drinking on me for all this effort.

MasterBates

As a heads up, if your command interprets "2010" as FY-2010 like mine is, tomorrow is the last day for Aviation Working Greens.

I'm wearing mine tomorrow. I'll probably get an audience with the CO or XO, but dammit, they are still legal, I am wearing them tomorrow.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mb, Bulletproof..repeat after me "Bulletproof"

baconbits

None
Bates, NAVADMIN 343/08 stated that the mandatory wear date for NWUs is 31 December 2010 (paragraph 2) and that all current working uniforms would be authorized until December 2010 (paragraph 9). I've had a few people at my command think it was fiscal year and so I looked up the NAVADMIN at NPC's website to confirm. The easiest way to find it is to go to the uniform matters page and go to the old uniform messages link.

Navi8tor

pilot
Say it aint so! Wouldnt make too much sense to keep them around for the 100th year of Naval Aviation would it...

MasterBates

Of course it would have made sense to keep them thru 2011, but SWOs are driving the uniform bus, and could give two shit less about what Naval Aviation holds dear.

Sent via my HTC EVO 4G

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Just had our command photo at HSC-2, three of the studs were in greens, as requested. Hoping it turns out good in the pics.

MasterBates

My cover and the 1/4" stripe I had bought for LCDR are in the pic somewhere. I gave an AW member the stripe and let him borrow my cover.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
That'd be the one, we had all of us take a separate photo w/ just greens in front of it, someone mentioned it would be a good pic for rotor review, may look into that. . .

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I was going to get a set made up, but seems like a waste now... Sad the way traditions are sent to pasture to die.