• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
At my retirement seminar they said that we were allowed to continue to wear Navy uniforms for official functions, and I believe they said we could either wear the current uniform or the equivalent uniform that was being worn at the time of our retirement. So maybe someday in the future you'll see a retired officer rocking AVGs while everyone wishes they could...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I came down with a case of the FOS.
Ahh. Well, you knew that was more likely going into your change of community. I remember the discussion here. Sorry to hear. We will be thrilled by the next chapter of Master's Life and Times sooner then expected.

MasterBates

Male Gigolo. It's what my next plan is.

Actually, I'm going back into mad scientist/inventor mode. I'm turning my garage into a small fab shop. Picking up a TIG welder on my way home from leave (its in PA, I'm in NH going back to Norfolk).

Might see the practicality of going back to running a Welding/Metal Fab shop as a "Day Job" while doing freelance engineering on the side.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
What happened to the F-16 ANG plan... then shortly after that you could transition to U2s... and then who knows... I think you should try to reach 5 airframes before you call it quits.

MasterBates

Firms need design work. It's possible to do contract on the side work when places are short engineers.

I used to do it with FEA work.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Soooo.... Is it worth picking up a new set of AWG's when I fly over to Korea? Best tailor shop around but what's the deal with the uniform? Is it regulated to my closet?

MasterBates

Depends on how much your CO wants to "Care".

If things like the "Red Ripper Jackets" and other squadron specific stuff are worn as "uniforms" in your squadron, then maybe.

Or you could be like me and just wear it (on appropriate occasions like CONA events)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
For whatever it's worth, AWGs are off the BUPERS site. Only working uniforms listed are NWUs, PT, and Coveralls...

Grumman1

It seems like this thread/fight has died off and I wanted to bring it back to the fore. Bates, any news? I have a couple guys I'm winging with Friday express some interest in the AWG' after I explained to them what they're all about. Can I/we do anything to help at this point. Please let me know. This is too important to let go.