• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Point Paper/Letter Re: Aviation Greens.

phrogpilot73

Interesting, why is this limited to the FO training command? You would think that the leadership of the rest of the training pipelines would have mentioned such an issue as well :confused:
I don't know if he's got a separate petition going on up at Whiting, but since Doc is assigned to NASC it's easier for him to get signatures. He's also in the club every Friday wearing his AWGs and imploring young Ensigns to sign.

MasterBates

Just an update-

I've been tasked with writing a letter for a 3-star to the uniform board, asking for what I had asked in my letter, but now with more thrust behind it.

Aviation Service Greens.. It just might happen.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Just an update-

I've been tasked with writing a letter for a 3-star to the uniform board, asking for what I had asked in my letter, but now with more thrust behind it.

Aviation Service Greens.. It just might happen.

Casey, if this happens, I'll find someone to make a bronze figure of you, it will have a prominent spot in the bus that I buy to be designated as the dd bus for what ever squadron I happen to be a part of at the time.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
I never really paid attention to this petition most of the time I've been registered (read lurking) on the site. But tonight I've spent hours going through this thread and all the struggle MB and others have gone through to keep this uniform. Not only is the uniform worth keeping for the sake of tradition, but it's spiffy as hell too.

Fight the good fight guys. Hopefully I'll get to wear these one day too.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How's Big Navy looking at the AWG revival with Service Khaki coming back as well? Could Greens be sold as an "equivalent alternate" to SDK's?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Doubtful. We'd still have one more uniform that the Swarriors would be able to bitch about us being special.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Pill_Hacker said:
What does CNATRA say about AWGs?

Are you asking what ADM Guadagnini thinks about them personally or are you asking what's the policy on wearing them in the training commands?

Alecta

Any updates about this?

I found your article in Tailhook, Bates. It's a nicely written piece. I do have a question about one of those pictures, though. The top one from the 1920s of that unknown Commander- are those brown leather riding boots or are they just brown shoes with leather guards?

MasterBates

Basically riding boot style.

That was before they were "modernized" in the late 20s. Similar to Army/Marine boots of the time. Back when knee deep mud was common on bases.

Alecta

Good to know. I'll be sure to bring my brown leather English riding boots if I ever need to see a shoe implode.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Any word on the garrison cap wings? Are those going to be coming back or are we still waiting on that too?