• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC/OCC 204 roll call

Calcutta126

Gay guitar pickers don't turn me on
This is for any PLC/OCC 204 contracts or hopefuls that are ready for some fun in VA this summer.

PFT
selected/contracted/hopeful
air/ground/law

University of New Mexico
PFT: 245
air/pilot hopeful

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
Hobart College
PFT: 240-245, I don't remember the exact numbers
Selected PLC Juniors, Second Increment
Air Contract

It's gonna be fun.

djj34

pilot
School: CSU Sacramento
PFT: Selected with a 276 or 277, can't remember; it's probably around 265-270 right now
Selected PLC Juniors, First Increment
Air Contract

Been waiting a while to make my first post and have been lurking for a few years. This site has been a tremendous help in information gathering and helped with getting into OCS. Can't wait for May 28

Dive_pilot

School: University of Florida
PFT: 272
OCC: Ground contract

Just hoping to get selected for OCC as the door as a whole seems to be closing for OCC guys (competition is up, supposedly OCC-R 204 was cancelled, and CLRP is finished for OCCers). An air contract opening up would be icing on the cake if it happened.

FunWithGuns

Texas A&M- Corpus Christi
selected plc juniors 2nd increment
ground for now, switching to air after I get PRK

All the info on this site has been extremely helpful in applying and preparing for OCS. Thank you to everyone!

foster12

California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
Selected for PLC Juniors 2nd Inc
Air Contract

Ventilee and FunWithGuns, I'll see you guys there. It's gonna be a fun summer!
What are you guys doing to prepare right now? I slacked off on PT my first quarter back to school but I'm stepping it up again. My goal is to run at least 3 times a week and hit the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Anything other than running and the gym that you guys are doing?

Ventilee

pilot
Contributor
The gym at my school offers a free 'Core-Connections' class that runs you through various abdominal exercises for 30 minutes. The class is more geared towards women that are trying to get in shape so sometimes it's not a good work-out, however I almost always come out of it with new ideas for abdominal exercises(the scenery is nice as well). I also play club hockey about twice a week, which is basically an hour and thirty minute pick-up game.

Other then that I am running, doing Starting Strength, and the Armstrong pull-up program until the end of school. Once summer hits I am going to switch to running and Crossfit. I am too busy/drunk at school to really get any gains from Crossfit.

One of my main concern is training for injury prevention, which means more general strength stuff. It would suck hard to get to Week 5 and have to drop because you got injured in some crazy way that could have been prevented if you had done more squats.

FunWithGuns

Try not to increase your mileage too fast, I did that and ended up getting shin splints and had to take about 3 weeks off running. My goal is to show up at Quantico running a sub 20 min 3 mile so I have some work to do on that. Im starting to do more Crossfit style workouts and feel like they greatly improve my overall fitness and improve injury prevention as well.

Monday-Thursday I PT with a PTAD lieutenant and a few candidates doing mostly interval runs, and workouts they do at OCS, push-pull-crunches, fartlek runs, and core workouts. I am going to start lifting weights 3 days a week also following a Starting Strength type program.

Damn dude hockey looks like a good workout and fun as hell but Ive only seen ice a handful of times let alone skated on it!

Zenithic

Age - 21 (22 for OCS)
School - University of California San Diego
PFT - 235 and climbing
Selected and Contracted Air, Pilot hopeful as well
PLC-C

djj34

pilot
Wow, you got in with a 235? What areas are you improving on? Good luck, 3 months is surely enough time.

GS-W

AH-1 W
Age - 22
PFT - 286
ASTB - 6/6/6/70
Vision - 20/15
University of San Diego - 3.5, finance major
SNA Air contract - hopeful, will know by feb 26th
If all goes according to planned, OCS June 2nd

Calcutta126

UPDATE:

University of New Mexico
PFT: 256
Air Contract: SNA <---signed yesterday and heading to the Feb 18th Boards
PLC Juniors- 2nd increment

Let the fun begin 9July2010

Calcutta126

UPDATE:

University of New Mexico
PFT: 256 (and climbing)
ASTB: 5/6/6 49
Air Contract: SNA <---signed yesterday and heading to the Feb 18th Boards
PLC Juniors- 2nd increment

Let the fun begin 9July2010

Calcutta126

Texas A&M- Corpus Christi
selected plc juniors 2nd increment
ground for now, switching to air after I get PRK

All the info on this site has been extremely helpful in applying and preparing for OCS. Thank you to everyone!

You can contract air and get PRK after Juniors. You might want to check into that. Switching is hard to do.

Edit: Did't see that you already contracted and were selected