• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC-Jrs This summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I had an NFO contract, but there were 5 some odd candidates competing for a single NFO slot. Now I dont know what the deal is, I might go ground then switch. The point is, I doubt your OSO is on an NFO hunt.
You can switch, just make sure you'll be happy either way.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Originally posted by Bridge1382
Ok, I hope someone reads this. I'm in the Corps of Cadets here at Texas A&M. I've been looking into the Marine Corps PLC program. I will need to get PRK as my vision is around 20/100 or something like that. Anyway I'm looking to be a pilot. My recruiter tells me that I will have to sign up to be an NFO. I'd rather not do that though, because he's a recruiter and he has to fill slots. Now, he told me that all I have to do is get the PRK surgery after my first session of OCS and that it is very easy to transfer my PLC contract from NFO to pilot. How true is that?

Maybe I can be of some help. I'm applying to PLC Jrs on a ground contract. After I go this summer, I'm going to get PRK, and then do a component change from ground to SNA (pending I get the PRK waiver). The OSO says it's not a big deal at all to do a component change. Thought it would help you out to know that there's others in your shoes. Good Luck.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Yea, you already have your air contract, and you just want to switch from SNFO to SNA, right?

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Yeah. I might have to go ground before I switch if I dont get the SNFO slot though. I was sort of undecided as to whether or not I should pursue SNFO or SNA but I'll be satisfied either way.

ChrisAg05

Just contracted this morning for 1st increment after about 7 months of BUMED crap. Can't wait to go! OOH RAH!

Bighead

ChrisAg05,
Congrats on getting selected! If you don't mind me asking what did all your scores look like when you turned in your package? (SAT,GPA etc.)

thanks

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I'm going to juniors 1st increment as well. I heard back just before the new year. I signed an aviation contract and I'm blind so maybe that means NFO? Maybe someone could give a little insight? As for stats, I'm running about a 260 PFT, GPA 3.1. I contracted with a PFT in the low 240's. I'm working hard for May 30. I can't wait to ship, culmination of a dream for me.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Thank God I finally heard, I'd been sweating it since late Oct. when my packet went in. It got even worse when I found out other guys from my OSO were accepted in two weeks. Either way, Good Luck Gonzodogg, I hope to see you in Quantico, 1st Incr.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Didn't you read your contract DocT?

Just kidding...I signed so many papers it made my head spin.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Yeah I read my contract. It was a bit hard to retain any knowledge with my hand flying across the page signing my name 79 times in the half hour it took to contract. Now that I think about it, was that a National Guard contract I signed...?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
More than I ever thought there would be. How long was that thing, maybe 40 some pages? I didn't care though, I was smiling the entire time.

ChrisAg05

Originally posted by Bighead
ChrisAg05,
Congrats on getting selected! If you don't mind me asking what did all your scores look like when you turned in your package? (SAT,GPA etc.)

thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying, I try not to get on the computer too much.

SAT: 1320
GPA: 3.47
PFT: 256

Status
Not open for further replies.