• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC-Jrs This summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzodogg

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone has set up a thread for us yet so I thought I would start one.

Is applying for, or has already been accepted for PLC and is going for the first 6 weeks this summer?

Aviation or Ground?

PFT scores?

Anyone that went last summer that wants to jump in with some advise would be great.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Finishing up my packet. All I need to do is contract and run the first PFT. Applying on a ground contract to the April boards, but will do a component change after Jrs and PRK. I'll change to SNA after PRK waiver is hopefully cleared.

rsilvy

I'll be at PLC Jrs this summer 1st Increment. Trying to stay motivated and in shape. Good Luck to all who are applying, hopefully I'll see ya there. OOO-RAH.

Info:
Attend the University of Maryland-College Park
OSO Hyattsville
Dropped from a 289 to 250 PFT over the course of last semester but it will be back up

eric1516

I am also finishing up my packet and will hopefully send it off in the next couple of weeks. I am applying from Iona College in NY through the Manhatten OSO. I will have to go in as ground and then get PRK and switch up. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some of you in Quantico!

-Eric Phil 4:13

wutzu

Got my Packet in for the january board, should find out in a couple weeks whether I'm going. I'm contracted for NFO, to switch to pilot after PRK. Applying from cal poly through the LA OSO. 237 PFT, good scores on all the tests.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys out there for second increment.

[EDIT] Just ran a 280 PFT today 1/24

itoh

eric1516,
the sgt instructors are going to have a field day with your school name during inspection... I've heard it before. hahaha

good luck hard chargers,
-itoh

Bighead

Just finishing up my package as well for the April board. Applying for ground but hope to go SNA after PRK. To anyone that has already been, accepted what were you stats?

Sophomore
GPA:3.0
PFT: 270 Always trying to improve!
Prior Marine Corps Sgt

Hope to see you guys there this summer!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Not that I'm in it for the money, but how much does a candidate make for six weeks at OCS? Is it direct deposited to a checking account or what?

I'm going to get PRK when I get back this summer, and I'm curious as to how much money I'll have from PLC Jrs. Thanks.

Bighead

You get E-5 pay while you are there. You can check a pay chart to get the exact amount.

www.dfas.mil

Hope this helps.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks Bighead. I looked up an E-5's pay with 2 or less years in. Monthly, it's $1700.10 Well, we're there for 6 weeks which is a month and a half. So, that comes up to 1700.10(1.5)= $2550.15 Not too bad. Do we get checks at OCS, or is the money directly deposited? Don't worry, you don't have to compliment on my extraordinary math skills... :)

klostman

the happy dance!
If its the same as it was last year, you will recieve your checks from your SI's or Platoon Sergeant. They don't do the direct deposit thing because some people get kicked out or DOR or whatever and it just makes it easier if they just hand you a paper check for simplicity.

flyinmonkey

hey EA-6B1,

First of all good luck to you man. I remember some posts from last year when you were trying to get in. The Marine Corps rewards motivation and determination. As far as money and PRK. What you make from training should cover the cost of your surgery. I had my PRK December 2002 and am still seeing 20/15. I am very happy with it.

Best Wishes to all

Bridge1382

Ok, I hope someone reads this. I'm in the Corps of Cadets here at Texas A&M. I've been looking into the Marine Corps PLC program. I will need to get PRK as my vision is around 20/100 or something like that. Anyway I'm looking to be a pilot. My recruiter tells me that I will have to sign up to be an NFO. I'd rather not do that though, because he's a recruiter and he has to fill slots. Now, he told me that all I have to do is get the PRK surgery after my first session of OCS and that it is very easy to transfer my PLC contract from NFO to pilot. How true is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.