• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC Combined 2006

Carno

Insane
I was in PLC combined last year, and there were a few OCCers in my platoon.

Usually OCCers are in Charlie Co. and PLCers in Alpha, but if there are too many OCCers then they move them to A Co.

GtRichrFlyTryin

I'm actually a little confused on that (no one ever really told me what I was doing and I just contracted in Feb). I am doing the 10 wks this summer and then coming back here to school to finish up in one semester leaving me graduating Dec 06. What does that make me?

Lawman

None
GtRichrFlyTryin said:
I'm actually a little confused on that (no one ever really told me what I was doing and I just contracted in Feb). I am doing the 10 wks this summer and then coming back here to school to finish up in one semester leaving me graduating Dec 06. What does that make me?

In the same boat as me. Got one class to come back and take before I can comission in December. Then you get to do the sit around and wait game to see where they place you for TBS after December. Basically Ill be working out of the OSO while collecting my 2nd Lt. Pay and throwing it at the massive pile of college debt Ive racked up from school.

tegtag

GtRich, you are PLC-Combined. If you do ten weeks and do NOT have your degree (must go back for some schooling), then you are PLC-Combined.

I was 189 PLC-Combined last summer. Been waiting 9 months to commission (20 May 06). At the start of OCS last year they had over 400 PLC-C candidates and 250ish OCCers. So before pickup they had a draft where the entire 6th platoon of Alpha (me) and a select few from the other 5 platoons were sent to Charlie Co to even the numbers. Kinda intimidating at first being 21 with a bunch of priors (including one Sgt. who had fought in the 1st Gulf War) and older guys who'd been there done that but everyone levels off after a couple of weeks.

The training schedules are the same in Alpha and Charlie except toward the end of the 10 weeks when PLC-Cers in Charlie Co get extra sitting around time when the OCC got uniform fittings, commissioning practice, etc.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Lawman said:
...the massive pile of college debt Ive racked up from school.

Oh come on now man...we all know where you spent that money!!!

P.S. How are they shooting? :D

Lawman

None
Slammer2 said:
Oh come on now man...we all know where you spent that money!!!

P.S. How are they shooting? :D

Ok Debt and the "Arsenal" as my mother refers to it.

And they shoot just fine.

GtRichrFlyTryin

Lawman said:
In the same boat as me. Got one class to come back and take before I can comission in December. Then you get to do the sit around and wait game to see where they place you for TBS after December. Basically Ill be working out of the OSO while collecting my 2nd Lt. Pay and throwing it at the massive pile of college debt Ive racked up from school.

Sounds like we're thinkin the same way....debt....ugh...

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
I'm still waiting on the board results (got the last board), but the plan is PLC Combined 4 June with the rest of you guys and commissioning this December after finishing the 10 quarter hours I have left. I just took the pre-ship PFT and filled out my 30 day checklist yesterday.

My OSO said his December guys got April TBS dates in the past, so they were able to work for him for a couple months if they wanted to. That would be ideal.

GtRichrFlyTryin

I can't believe we only have one more month to go!! The anticipation is killing me!!! haha but i'm sure the Sgt Instructors are anxious to be killing us as well!

Pwj579

I'll Be there as well

I'll Be there for PLC combined, not quite sure how Im getting there yet? My OSO hasnt decided wheter I have to ride down with his bus or just meet the shuttle at Reagan Natl.

woo hoo. I found out I'll be there this summer too. PLC Jrs. 2nd inc (air)though...still waiting on a sh!tload of medical waivers as well.