• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Platform Selection Changes

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
that move and per diem was the money maker!!!
Yeah but I really hate moving. If I'm not getting several travels days' worth of per diem and mileage, I'd rather just stay where I am.
At any rate, those who don't mind moving can still do that, they just need to get TW-5 after API and live far enough away from NASWF during API. Which won't be hard, since 4 is gonna get even more backed up once the T-34 is done.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Thought I'd post an update on here if anyone else is curious. Classed up on Monday, and we were told during our briefs that:

A) we'd be the last class to fly the T-34, and
B) when we select, jets and E-2/C-2 will be separate pipelines.

So what'll happen is, if you select E-2/C-2, you'll stay in Corpus for Multi-Engine, and jet guys will go to K'ville or Meridian. That way, E-2/C-2 pilots don't have to go from Corpus to K'ville and back again.
Like wlawr005 said, the split isn't final yet, but they're putting the final touches on the syllabus changes to make it work.

Those promises were made last winter too, believe it only after you see it.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Last class to fly the Turbo Weenie. Pretty soon you'll be telling lies at the club "So there I was, flying the approach with left hand *and* tuning the VHF radio with my right hand."

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Last class to fly the Turbo Weenie. Pretty soon you'll be telling lies at the club "So there I was, flying the approach with left hand *and* tuning the VHF radio with my right hand."

Diverted into Yuma during the RAG with smoke in the cockpit coming off target, lead said peace and flew back to Miramar and I was stuck alone for the next 6-7 hrs. Finally, a lonely T-34 came to pick me up flown by another IP. At that point, I guess about 2 years after my last T-34 primary flight, I couldn't even remember how to strap in and totally forgot about that stupid VHF XMIT/RCV switch. Needless to say, I was very very confused when he just randomly did a touch and go into Montgomery Field on the way back......I was thinking.....hmmm......is this place uncontrolled......pretty ballsy coming in without making any traffic advisories on a straight in. Then on the go portion of the T&G I saw the tower fly us (normal working hours mind you)........and as I was about to say something, I realized that I didn't have VHF up. Yeah, really awesome CRM for me that day :) That said, I guess my student sense of "you are about to say something dumb" was accurate that day

As a side note, the exact jet (as in BuNo) that failed me very much that day didn't fail VADM Fox at all on 17 Jan 1991

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Diverted into Yuma during the RAG with smoke in the cockpit coming off target, lead said peace and flew back to Miramar and I was stuck alone for the next 6-7 hrs. Finally, a lonely T-34 came to pick me up flown by another IP. At that point, I guess about 2 years after my last T-34 primary flight, I couldn't even remember how to strap in and totally forgot about that stupid VHF XMIT/RCV switch. Needless to say, I was very very confused when he just randomly did a touch and go into Montgomery Field on the way back......I was thinking.....hmmm......is this place uncontrolled......pretty ballsy coming in without making any traffic advisories on a straight in. Then on the go portion of the T&G I saw the tower fly us (normal working hours mind you)........and as I was about to say something, I realized that I didn't have VHF up. Yeah, really awesome CRM for me that day :) That said, I guess my student sense of "you are about to say something dumb" was accurate that day

I'm curious, how did you plug in? Were you on O2 the whole time? Is the comm cord receive end the same (that stubby thick plug) as what's plugged into your gear for the hornet? I know the transmit end is the same (the small double prong plug). Or did he just bring a spare helmet?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'm curious, how did you plug in? Were you on O2 the whole time? Is the comm cord receive end the same (that stubby thick plug) as what's plugged into your gear for the hornet? I know the transmit end is the same (the small double prong plug). Or did he just bring a spare helmet?

That's a good question.....I honestly don't remember. I think maybe the mask just plugged in or something because I don't think there is a boom mic that would work with my old helmet (the one I had back then) after it was de-Meridianized. You can use a mask without having O2 flow though, by just holding it to your face. I could be totally wrong though......was like 3 years ago now so my memory fails me. I bet there is some sort of a connector or something because those dudes always wore their normal helmets when flying the thing.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a side note, the exact jet (as in BuNo) that failed me very much that day didn't fail VADM Fox at all on 17 Jan 1991
You left us hangin', or am I the only ignorant AW, who hasn't a clue on who VADM Fox is, or what occurred on that fateful date???:eek:

EDIT: Googled as an afterthought... as the late Gilda would say "Never Mind"!:oops:
Silly BzB

Last edited:

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Yeah but I really hate moving. If I'm not getting several travels days' worth of per diem and mileage, I'd rather just stay where I am.
At any rate, those who don't mind moving can still do that, they just need to get TW-5 after API and live far enough away from NASWF during API. Which won't be hard, since 4 is gonna get even more backed up once the T-34 is done.

Not talking about the move making you money, But having TDY orders and getting 6 months of per diem, as well as BAH and a seperate housing stipend, because you are tdy from norfolk. thats about 10 grand that no one will get now. And you could still do one HHG move from the long haul.