• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Places to Live in Norfolk

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I might have 2 bedrooms available at my house in Ghent this Summer. One person is deploying in June and the other is possibly transferring jobs to Boston during the same time.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
I know this thread is about Norfolk, but I have orders to Little Creek this summer. Any good recommendations for apartments or condo rentals in VA Beach? I'm not super picky, I just don't want to live in the hood and don't want to live somewhere overpriced.

Little Creek = Chix Beach all the way.

chefmike

Had a TH across the river in Newport News, I got to Ike when she was SLEP and after it was over would do the commute. No gangs, lots of kids, NNSY workers are Navy friendly and will look out for you. It could be a long commute on fridays but much more bang for the buck. 3/2 TH was 20% cheaper than in Norfolk,VA beach

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I just moved into VA Beach sandwiched in between Oceana and Dam Neck about two weeks ago. Ocean Lakes, to be specific, and in the short while I was there before leaving again (I'm up in Maine right now for some time in the great outdoors...heh) the commute to NOB wasn't bad (a fast-seeming 40 minutes with moderate traffic), VA Beach seemed like it was much nicer than Norfolk, and it was close to the beach with a frickin LONG boardwalk (it's a good 10 mile run from my house, up the boardwalk, and back). I'd recommend it, but that's speaking on only two weeks experience...so take it with a grain of salt.