• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pink is at it again

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I'm telling you all lets give Osama GPS coordinates to Berkley and say look you haven't really done $hit since 9-11 you need to save face and we hate the place anyway so if you take it out we'll pretend it didn't happen. Works out for both sides:p

Osama's answer would be "The enemy of my enemy is my friend.".:D

joshmf

If you look through the pictures of that article there are some interesting scenes. I think the one that pisses me off the most is the one of a high schooler burning an American flag. Since when did 16 year olds become informed enough to make legitimate political decisions, and why weren't they in school?

Yeah, but could there be a more pathetic flag burning then the little three inch flag she was burning? I mean, if you're going to make a statement, at least have the balls to make a big, dramatic one :D.

These protestors are both ignorant AND lame.

phrogpilot73

mn_marines02_345_pc.jpg

Sorry, but that picture of the kid on the phone after not being let in by protestors? Where's that warriors sprit?!?!?! If he can't fight his way through a group of pinko commie pussies, how's he gonna handle a DI? He doesn't even have a bloody knuckle. It's not like they'll fight back! That would violate their very ideals!
Here's my take on the picture. He's already contracted PLC Air, and he's on the phone with the OSO asking him: "If I get arrested and charged with assault, will that impact my chances on getting jets?"

The look on his face is the OSO's response: "42."

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Since when did 16 year olds become informed enough to make legitimate political decisions, and why weren't they in school?

Yeah, because all those older and wiser protesters certainly have made informed and legitimate political decisions.

Protesters are all giant douches, regardless of age.

Protesting tyranny by dumping crates of tea off a ship is one thing, protesting a war around the world which has had almost zero impact on your life by denying others the ability to make a decision about military service is another.

gotta_fly

pilot
I read through some of the comments attached to the most recent article posted on this thread, and it's refreshing to see that most of them are in support of the Marines.

We get a few protests here in the Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts, and with my commissioning coming up in May I'm wondering if we'll see a repeat of this ridiculous scene from the 2005 ceremony:

grouphogan.jpg

Pathetically, one of the main protesters that day was a guy who would have been commissioned had he not been disenrolled months before for failing multiple PFAs...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I read through some of the comments attached to the most recent article posted on this thread, and it's refreshing to see that most of them are in support of the Marines.

We get a few protests here in the Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts, and with my commissioning coming up in May I'm wondering if we'll see a repeat of this ridiculous scene from the 2005 ceremony:

grouphogan.jpg

Pathetically, one of the main protesters that day was a guy who would have been commissioned had he not been disenrolled months before for failing multiple PFAs...

We get them here too when we have our NROTC exhibit for ExploreTexas. About a dozen protesters but nothing too bad.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None

YGBSM. I really hope someone called him out, in public, with a bull horn.

Lawman

None
YGBSM. I really hope someone called him out, in public, with a bull horn.

There was a really vocal SOB at Kent State that was like that. His most remembered and heralded act of protest stupidity was climbing up the Army repelling tower, unharnessing himself, and hanging an "Out of Iraq Now" sign. He for his own credit had actually served time as an enlisted Marine. He had also earned himself a dishonorable discharge by some measure. The student paper used to qoute him all the time till somebody finally wrote an Op Ed piece about why he really "left the Marine Corps."

Cams1215

I find it amusing when anit-war/anti-military protesters say that those of who support the military/troops are blindly following a bunch of BS the government is feeding us, and that they capable of thinking for themselves and do not buy into that BS, which is why they dont support the war/military

so because I support the military I am following a crowd, I am unable of coherent thought, and I apparantly do not have the ability to think for myself.

Cams1215

I find it amusing when anit-war/anti-military protesters say that those of who support the military/troops are blindly following a bunch of BS the government is feeding us, and that they capable of thinking for themselves and do not buy into that BS, which is why they dont support the war/military

so because I support the military I am following a crowd, I am unable of coherent thought, and I apparantly do not have the ability to think for myself.

Lawman

None
Another point:

The office they are protesting isnt a RECRUITING office. Its an OSO office.

Well yeah, but if that many people drove to a recruiting office it would cause an increase in greenhouse gasses released into the atmosphere.... Plus nobody has a job to spring for gas money.

clonei09

I'm from the same unit as gotta_fly and they actually had another banner that day and it read; "we pray for our cadets". I know its picking hairs but if your going to protest the commissioning at least call us by our correct name, ie midshipman, rather than cadet. Also they will routinely protest more than a couple of times a semester in the middle of campus, however they will tend to do them on days that we don't wear our uniforms, I don't know if its cause they don't want to do it in front of our faces or if they simply only have Wednesdays free. The protestors tend to be the really old hippy faculty members who are way past their protest days of the 70's and some of the students who have been at college for a whole semester and now know the answers to everything. The protestors are in no way violent rude or offensive like the code pink people. They just stand on the main steps with their signs and just mind their own business or talk to people who walk by and initiate a conversation with them. The only times there are "minor conflicts" are when some meathead rotc kid or just a really right wing conservative kid goes up to them and tries to ask them some tough questions and even then its still a very civil conversation. In fact I have no problem with them doing what they do because it is a fundamental right of theirs that is written in the constitution. My only problem is when they stand outside on commissioning day. That is a day that many people work hard for and to deal with that outside the entrance to the campus center is not very memorable. The commissioning is held on its own in the morning before the school wide graduation so the only people who would be going to the campus center are the midshipmen and their families so I feel like it is an insult to all those involved.

HIPCHIP

What ticks me off is the Code Pink folks not allowing someone into the office. The police had to of had orders not to do anything, but that doesn't mean that you or I couldn't. I don't remember the exact title of the crime, but not allowing someone to go where they legally can go constitutes something like kidnapping. It's like illegally detaining somebody. I bet if a citizen placed one, or several, of the Pink folks under arrest for a felony they may change their minds on how to do stuff. And if not, I'm sure they'd be a big hit in jail.

At my university we had hippies (the poor one's, not the rich one's of Berserkeley). They wouldn't shave anything, and they wouldn't bathe. I worked in a medical facility on campus and I put up a sign stating that all persons wishing to receive other than emergency care would need to be cleaned and bathed, and all the hippies stopped coming in. I guess it was more important to be au naturale than to get free medical treatment. So now we know their mindset.