• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- May 14, 2019

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
To those of you who are looking back at past boards looking for info, this post is for you. I was ProRec'd on April 25th, and will be attending the 26 May 2019 OCS class. So a little under 3-4 weeks between prorec and finsel. My OR couldn't believe how fast the process went but I hope this helps you all out. Good luck, and Fly Navy!

Aceleo

SNA
To those of you who are looking back at past boards looking for info, this post is for you. I was ProRec'd on April 25th, and will be attending the 26 May 2019 OCS class. So a little under 3-4 weeks between prorec and finsel. My OR couldn't believe how fast the process went but I hope this helps you all out. Good luck, and Fly Navy!
Dang you lucky dude!
Apparently my OR did not get my official select letter yet. So waiting on that. I am really hoping to get started asap!

CHOPS_avn

Winged: 10 FEB 2023
pilot
I graduated over a year ago, so yeah I've had my transcripts. The process has just taken alot of time. Let me know if you get slotted for it!
Makes sense. My recruiter just got my transcripts and uploaded them today, so I'll probably be waiting for a while longer before I get my finsel and a final OCS date. Did you find out you got moved up via finsel letter or OR?

Aceleo

SNA
Makes sense. My recruiter just got my transcripts and uploaded them today, so I'll probably be waiting for a while longer before I get my finsel and a final OCS date. Did you find out you got moved up via finsel letter or OR?
Didnt you guys have to include your transcripts in your original application itself? My recruiter did not ask me anything about transcripts after my selection. I figured mine is already in the system. I thought they need your transcripts before you even apply and your GPA and stuff goes towards your selection chances.

CHOPS_avn

pilot
Didnt you guys have to include your transcripts in your original application itself? My recruiter did not ask me anything about transcripts after my selection. I figured mine is already in the system. I thought they need your transcripts before you even apply and your GPA and stuff goes towards your selection chances.
They need final transcripts in order to send out finsel letters. Some people apply for boards when they've already graduated, some people apply while they're still in school. Technically, there's no guarantee of selection when you just get your pro-rec, and it's only 100% official when you get your finsel letter.

Aceleo

SNA
They need final transcripts in order to send out finsel letters. Some people apply for boards when they've already graduated, some people apply while they're still in school. Technically, there's no guarantee of selection when you just get your pro-rec, and it's only 100% official when you get your finsel letter.
Makes sense, I graduated a while ago and have given my transcripts with my application. Maybe thats why my OR didnt ask for them again.
I guess I gotta wait for my letter!
And great ASTB scores dude!

CHOPS_avn

pilot
Makes sense, I graduated a while ago and have given my transcripts with my application. Maybe thats why my OR didnt ask for them again.
I guess I gotta wait for my letter!
And great ASTB scores dude!
Yeah, so you should get your stuff sooner than me. Not sure if anyone here has gotten their finsel yet, short of those who've already got 25 May as their class day.
And thanks. It was the only way I could up my chances of getting selected.

bjjhelm

Just send it
Turns out my recruiter up and left leaving my packet cold, so I'm being bumped to the next board again. Third time's the charm! Good luck y'all

gareese6996

Congrats to all that have gotten the good news!
I got the call about my selection for SNA at the end of April and a couple of weeks later got a call that my OCS date would be 8 September. The availability date I put on the app was 1 July and I was hoping for the 7 July class. My OR told me that the classes were backed up and that's why I will be later, but based on some of the stuff y'all are posting, that does't sound like it's true.

Anyone have a clear picture of what's going on with the OCS dates?

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Congrats to all that have gotten the good news!
I got the call about my selection for SNA at the end of April and a couple of weeks later got a call that my OCS date would be 8 September. The availability date I put on the app was 1 July and I was hoping for the 7 July class. My OR told me that the classes were backed up and that's why I will be later, but based on some of the stuff y'all are posting, that does't sound like it's true.

Anyone have a clear picture of what's going on with the OCS dates?
Just work with your recruiter to see if they can get you into an earlier class. I went from being pencilled in for the Sep 8th class to getting into the May 26th class. Usually, people switch classes and that allows others to take those spots. Good luck!

Rocki

ENS/SNA
I was just contacted by my recruiter, he stated that I will be attending the May 26th OCS class as well, I have 4 days ladies and gents.

Stated previously - I was PRO REC'd on the 29th of April, and my FINSEL came through yesterday, this was all on an extremely short notice.
Which I have no problem with, I am ready to ship out. Looking forward to this summer class boys! It will be a great time. Good luck, don't lose sight in your dreams, fly navy and godspeed.

tjj0004

First of all congratulations to y’all leaving this weekend! I’ve got a question for the other fleet guys.

I understand we are waiting on Finsel, but how’s the process work on getting into specific classes. It seems that the civilian guys’ recruiters help move them to earlier class dates. Is that possible for us as well?

In my situation I was told the first available class is 8SEP19 but my release date was ASAP. It seems odd that I was told that when guys are obviously leaving sooner.