• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Feb. 5, 2019

geoca

Hello Everyone,

I'm also putting in my application for the Feb flight board but from what my recruiter told me and what everyone is saying looks to be moved to January. Cleared from MEPS a few months ago and just need to finish my motivational statement.

I have 3 LORs one from a Congressman, Professor, and former boss when I was an intern. I would like some input from everyone, my grandfather was a O-4 in the Navy, he didn't fly planes but he was in a VP squadron, do y'all think a LOR from him would carry much weight?

Best of luck to everyone applying!

StevenBlue18

Multi Life
Hello Everyone,

I'm also putting in my application for the Feb flight board but from what my recruiter told me and what everyone is saying looks to be moved to January. Cleared from MEPS a few months ago and just need to finish my motivational statement.

I have 3 LORs one from a Congressman, Professor, and former boss when I was an intern. I would like some input from everyone, my grandfather was a O-4 in the Navy, he didn't fly planes but he was in a VP squadron, do y'all think a LOR from him would carry much weight?

Best of luck to everyone applying!
The mods have said LORs don’t really impact the aviation boards unless your scores are low. Mainly focuses on ASTB and GPA. Still wouldn’t hurt your app.

chelseemslegit

Hey guys, thanks for all the great info. I’m submitting for this board, medically cleared, no waivers, everything is submitted already. Wasn’t aware of the pre-board on 11/29 so waiting to call my recruiter on Monday for an update. Posted my stats below. Congrats to everyone with their PRO-REC already!

Applying for: NFO/SNA
ASTB: 67 7/5/7
GPA: 3.2 biological sciences, UC San Diego

Good luck!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys, thanks for all the great info. I’m submitting for this board, medically cleared, no waivers, everything is submitted already. Wasn’t aware of the pre-board on 11/29 so waiting to call my recruiter on Monday for an update. Posted my stats below. Congrats to everyone with their PRO-REC already!

Applying for: NFO/SNA
ASTB: 67 7/5/7
GPA: 3.2 biological sciences, UC San Diego

Good luck!

It’s not a pre board, it’s an auto Qual board. If you didn’t hear from your OR already it’s probably because you didn’t make it (your ASTB scores are probably just below the auto Qual cut off).

chelseemslegit

It’s not a pre board, it’s an auto Qual board. If you didn’t hear from your OR already it’s probably because you didn’t make it (your ASTB scores are probably just before the auto Qual cut off).

Thanks for clarifying, poor wording on my part. Probably that 5 coming around to bite me... had a feeling that would happen. Is it confirmed that the Feb board moved to January? Like I said, calling my OR Monday but just wondering if we know for sure.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Thanks for clarifying, poor wording on my part. Probably that 5 coming around to bite me... had a feeling that would happen. Is it confirmed that the Feb board moved to January? Like I said, calling my OR Monday but just wondering if we know for sure.

Actually, looking at your scores again you are not eligible for SNA. Must have 6 PFAR and FOFAR - have your OR show you the PA.

chelseemslegit

Actually, looking at your scores again you are not eligible for SNA. Must have 6 PFAR and FOFAR - have your OR show you the PA.

I just checked the PA, I never received any indication that I am ineligible for SNA, so there was definitely a miscommunication between myself and my OR. Thank you for letting me know, I will mention this to him. NFO was my first choice so it is not a major setback either way, but I do wish I had looked at the PA sooner. Is the PFAR a major selection criteria for 1370 applicants? Authorization only lists minimums for the AQR and FOFAR portions, both of which I should be good to go.

Thank you.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
I just checked the PA, I never received any indication that I am ineligible for SNA, so there was definitely a miscommunication between myself and my OR. Thank you for letting me know, I will mention this to him. NFO was my first choice so it is not a major setback either way, but I do wish I had looked at the PA sooner. Is the PFAR a major selection criteria for 1370 applicants? Authorization only lists minimums for the AQR and FOFAR portions, both of which I should be good to go.

Thank you.
The way the I had my OR explain it to me, is that whatever des you are applying for, either SNA or SNFO, they only look at the applicable FAR. In your case the FOFAR.

wnader

Also confirmed with my OR that the board date moved up to 16JAN. Also, he said the hard due date for me at least is 14DEC, not 24DEC because the recruiting command/office is closing for the holidays but so I’d suggest making sure when your actual due date is, but it could be different for everyone depending on location. Just a heads up

StevenBlue18

Multi Life
My OR hadn’t heard anything about the date being moved... not sure how to proceed? I asked if he could double check and get back to me.
If a multiple OR are saying January is the date I would say just assume it’s january until your OR finds out. Try to get your packet in ASAP, if you’re already submitted then you’re good to go.