• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

personal info for 188 accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9660

You guys have my stats/info in the other thread...just lemme know when you want to do the group online thing...by the way...am I the youngest here? I'll be turning 22 Saturday...

schmied

OCS 188 Air
the group sessioin sounds good to me, too. My schedule is also pretty flexable. Hey, how are we going to find each other once there? I mean if there are 3 buses full of candidates getting there I don't know how you guys look like. I don't really want to yell out for horned frog or trongod!

kevin

i was going to comment on the personal info thing. since my username is my first name, i pretty much dont post much in regards to stats, etc, that might be on my application. doesnt take a genious to put 2 and 2 together (wait....that's 5, right?). id be interested in the study group as well. and makoslim, if your vw can accomodate my large german-inherited ass, id be very happy. i dont think i'll take my car till tbs. then again, maybe i'll just take my tricycle instead.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Crowbar and webmaster, sorry abou the names, and thanks for looking out for us. Between this and Marineocs.com, these are my firt experience with forums. A group discusion is a great idea Merlin. Im pretty flexible, but can't be on before 3PM MST because I sub everyday, and I cant get on Wednesday nights because I lead my church youth group. other than that, I am open. a yahoo private room work for everyone?

I also have the blue monster, but mine isn't all highlighted, my OSO just sent it to me and said have fun! There is actually a little bit of it ( especially in the UCMJ section that is hightlited) but the rest isn't, so it would be nice to know what to concentrate more on. It's all colums, wedges, echelons, and skirmishes to me.

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
Just got word today that I was selected. OCC 188 Air. Second time around.
PFT = 157 (yeah I know but everything else is great.)
GPA - 3.35 CRJ @ Murray State University
ASVAB = 93
ASTB = 5/6
Great extracurricular and references.

Too excited for words. My determination has suffered after being turned down for 187 and I'm not looking foreward to the weather but I'm ready to get my dreamjob started. I'll be flying out of St. Louis on Jan 5 I think. So I'll take a ride for liberty if anyone is still offering. I may not be able to post for a while, going to be very busy with work. But I'd still like to get to know the guys I'm going to be training with.

Merlin

Merlin
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday! For a copy of the Blue Monster its about $30w/ shipping. I did see some OSO's were able to get it for free, so check that source first. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll get some burned.

For the group meetings I was thinking Thursdays @ 1900 C.S.T. Just a thought, let me know if that works for you guys. I did hear from Crowbar that its multiple guess oh I mean multiple choice testing over the ELO's. It makes it easy to know what to focus on. (Thanks Crowbar)

Awaiting everyones confirmation/suggestions on when/where we should start. Talk to you guys later.

Merlin

horned frog

I'll check w/my OSO first thing Monday morning to see if I can get a copy through him. If not, then I'll PM you and we'll coordinate shipment of the Monster.

Regarding the group session, your proposed time works perfect for me. I'm not sure where to go to set it up, though. Does anyone else know? Maybe Yahoo has a service we can use?

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It's going to take me a couple of weeks to burn this meal off!

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Thursdays at 1900 is great for me. I went to yahoo and tried to set up a room just to see how to do it before we all meet, and for some reason my server wont let me, so if we go that route, someone else will have to create the room. Whatever we decide to go with, we should let people know at least a day before hand so we can create accounts, test our browsers for compatibility etc... Talk to you gentlemen soon.

Crowbar

None
Do all of you have AIM? If so, one of you just needs to send an invitation to everybody else at the set time and you'll all be able to talk. Just a suggestion (AIM is free)....

horned frog

Alright fellas, I took the liberty of setting up a Yahoo group for us. It is aptly named OCC_188. If you want to use this as our Thursday meeting place, then PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll send out a mass invitation to the site. If someone knows a better way of doing this, then by all means let me (us) know. I just figured this would be a good place to start.

Talk to you all soon.

horned frog

So far, I've only been contacted by one person. Let me know if this is the tool you all want to use, or if we should use something else. Talk to you all soon.

kevin

"Hey, how are we going to find each other once there? I mean if there are 3 buses full of candidates getting there I don't know how you guys look like. I don't really want to yell out for horned frog or trongod!"

--hmmm, good point. unless i color my hair purple before it all gets lopped off, that could be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.