• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

personal info for 188 accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Just thought I would get a thread gonig so I can get to know my fellow candidates better before we go without all the off topic submissions getting in the way.

-Great Falls, MT
-BA Psychology (U of MT)
-274 PFT (last official)
-AOC
-5/6 ASTB
-Im actually looking forward to the Quigly! Anyone else?
-Im involved in a great pool, and my pool leader is helping a lot with getting me ready for inspections and stuff, so if anyone needs gouge, Ill try.
-Driving to Quantico in my little 96 golf, so I should have room for three passengers on liberty (four if you squeeze three in the back [hey, theres three seatbelts back there for a reason!])
-5'8"
-155 lb
-I like long walks on the be...

Ok, Im rambling, 54 days and counting my friends, excited!?

and just think, no female candidates in jan to distract us. :( or :)

schmied

OCS 188 Air
Good thinking Makoslim, I concur we should get to know everyone else in a more organized fashion.

-Air contract
-274 PFT (still have the pre-ship)
-5/6 ASTB
-I’ll probably be the old man, 27
-Not really looking forward to anything @ OCS from what I’ve been reading. I guess looking forward to getting it done and moving forward.
-I think some female candidates would probably motivate me more rather than distract me.

horned frog

Here's mine:

-Ground Contract
-287 PFT
-I'm with schmied, it would be nice to have some members of the opposite sex to motivate us.
-Personally, I'm looking forward to the challenge. It's gonna be rough, but we'll get through it.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
being the first two to respond to this thread, you have guaranteed yourselves a ride on first liberty.

horned frog

That will help b/c I heard relying on cabs to get around sucks. I wonder what people will say about 3 guys in a VW golf?? Seriously though, I can't wait to get there.

trongod46

pilot
dang some people will do anything to get them to read their threads!,
i was going to drive but deceided against it after talking with my oso.

Merlin

Merlin
PFT- 299
ASTB- 6/6
ERAU B.S. Prof. Aeronautics
Former Marine Sgt. got out last August

How do you know that there aren't any females (curious to know)?

I was thinking that if we started a study group, you know meet online for an hour BS and discuss some relevent info pertaining to OCS. It could help all of us out. Plus I have everything (that I know of) that we are going to be tested over. Any comments/suggestions? :confused:

Well gents hope to hear from ya and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

What did the five fingers say to the face??? Slaaaaaaaaap! I'm Rick James B****
Love the Dave Shappel show :D

horned frog

Merlin,

Great idea, I'd love to participate in a group session. Is there any way I can get my hands on your materials so I have something tangible? I don't want to impose on you too much, but maybe I could pay for you to send me some copies?? Let me know what you think.

Merlin

Merlin
Yeah, I have the "Blue Monster" that we are going to be given. Its about two inches thick but everythings been highlighted thats going to be on the exams. I'll go down to kinko's tomorrow and see how much it would be to copy everything.

horned frog

My schedule is very flexible, so let's go with whatever works best for you guys. Let me know how much copies/shipping will cost. Thanks in advance for going to the trouble of doing this. I owe you.

Crowbar

None
Just so everyone knows, I went through and deleted names, OSOs, and ages from this thread. I asked the webmaster what his thoughts were on publicly posting names and such and here is part of his response:

Personally, I recommend that they take the info down. This is more INFOSEC in nature, as they are posting their own details. Stats are OK, but I want to discourage ppl from posting personal info (names, etc) in the directly viewable forums.

If you want to do so over PM's (or email or AIM/Yahoo/ICQ/etc), knock yourselves out, but restrict what you post for all the world to see to things that won't necessarily identify you.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them. Good luck at OCS.

Clux4

Banned
trongod46 said:
dang some people will do anything to get them to read their threads!,
i was going to drive but deceided against it after talking with my oso.

I advice that you drive unless it is not going to be worth it. You know how it is when everyone is set free on libo, alot of people trying to get cabs at the same time. Getting a car will save you from waiting at the taxi stop and from spending soo much money. You also have more private time from 200 other kids, you can always drive to town and sleep in a hotel room until Sunday.

trongod46

pilot
definately see your point clux, im prior so i know what you mean by the libo bell, try gettin of a carrier at a small pier, in my opinion they give you just enough rope to hang yourself at ocs, a car might just make that rope a lil longer, im still debating the whole issue, also dont want to drive home and back again for TBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.