• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PERS-911 won't release from IRR to USAFR

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I can't remember but is there an IRR Community manager? Honestly if I were you I would keep sending them with different signatures until they approved one... Keeping someone in the IRR when they have the desire and potential to serve in a greater capacity somewhere else is fucking stupid. I know another guy that is having this problem too, not sure he figured it out or not.

PERS-911

What a s*** show. I don’t have answer, but I have found it’s helpful to:
A) keep a log of all the calls and emails you make
B) keep calling and emailing without turning into a douche about it
C) never let your (justifiable) frustrations turn you into an asshole

From my perspective you’ve got like a year-ish until your 8 year MSO isn’t even an issue and then you’ll be fine, but I have to admit it’s maddening to me to see somebody who wants to work sidelined. Good luck!

dotonfire

Thanks, @vxc961. Good advice for approaching any bureaucratic challenge. Point C is definitely going to be a tough one.

My 8-year MSO puts me over age 30 which is disqualifying for USAFR unless that unit is willing to wait and waiver, so time is a factor.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Too bad you can't be in the USAF SELRES and USN IRR simultaneously, with concurrent, overlapping MSO periods. Common sense says you aren't really abandoning your MSO because you are de facto extending it longer by serving in another branch.

dotonfire

Just got off the phone with PERS-911. They are interpreting Remark 3 from NAVADMIN 288/17,
Retention of every capable Sailor will be critical to the operational readiness of the Navy. Therefore all early out programs and minimum service requirement waiver programs are cancelled. Service commitments such as enlistment contracts, service obligations for accepting promotions, bonuses, education, etc., are expected to be fulfilled.

as cancelling conditional releases via the "all early out programs" line. They interpret that last "etc" as to include an MSO, despite the potential for the MSO to be fulfilled in a different service.

They have said that I'm not the first person that has been denied as a result of this NAVADMIN; others have even gone to their congressmen, but have still been unsuccessful in trying to transfer from even the Navy IRR. The Navy needs "all capable bodies."

Also, they really pushed me going AD as CANREC or something. They actually called back and said that while 1305 O-3's are 100% manned, perhaps they could work something out for my return to USN SELRES. I'm not really interested in that.

So next step will be my congressman, senator, and the Under Secretary for Personnel and Readiness.

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got off the phone with PERS-911....the Navy needs "all capable bodies."

pkXIb81.jpg

PNW Flyer

None
Damn who wouldn't want to work for such a great organization. Can't imagine why folks are jumping ship!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
You could take those CANREC orders and refer every single one of your prospects to the other four armed services...

But seriously, sorry to hear they're being so boneheaded about this.

FTN. I’ve seen on shitters on ENTERPRISE before, and frowned. You’re entitled to think think that. Keep calling and emailing, but if it doesn’t work out there are ways to serve as a civilian with somewhat less BS that are still very rewarding.

grose3

pilot
Quick point regarding who the Community Manager is. As a 1305 your OCM is the RC URL OCM at BUPERS-351. He manages all of the RC URL communities which includes Officers in the SELRES and IRR. Ultimately the OCM can only adjudicate requests that come to him via PERS-911.

I’m the RC HR, FAO, SSO and LDO/CWO OCM. Give me a call tomorrow and I will put you in touch with your OCM. 901-874-3291. If I miss your call, leave your name, #, and tell me you are the Airwarriors dude in the voicemail and I will call you back.

I hope this helps.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Quick point regarding who the Community Manager is. As a 1305 your OCM is the RC URL OCM at BUPERS-351. He manages all of the RC URL communities which includes Officers in the SELRES and IRR. Ultimately the OCM can only adjudicate requests that come to him via PERS-911.

I’m the RC HR, FAO, SSO and LDO/CWO OCM. Give me a call tomorrow and I will put you in touch with your OCM. 901-874-3291. If I miss your call, leave your name, #, and tell me you are the Airwarriors dude in the voicemail and I will call you back.

I hope this helps.

I probably run into Mongo about 1-2 times a month for a variety of HR/1205 community reasons. He’s legit.

dotonfire

I hope this helps.

Wilco! I look forward to speaking with you!