• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pentagon To Retire USS Truman Early, Shrinking Carrier Fleet To 10

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It's got nothing on a Japanese toilet...heated seat...bidet...and a bunch of other buttons.
So, when all these small wars end will they send a NAVADMIN announcing...”Jack Off!l”
Just a handy picture.

My American made Biobidet BiD (aka Pooptopia) has:
  • heated seat
  • slow/soft closing lid (so just tap it instead of holding it all the way closed)
  • deodorizing fan that turns on when you sit
  • 3 warm water settings for the spray - cold if you like the shock
  • butt drying fan with 3 warmth settings - again a cold setting which after warm water actually feels tingly....
  • variable water pressure for the spray
  • women's spray
  • butt spray has both a normal mode and an "enema" mode for those crayon turds (keep drawing on the paper....)
  • butt sprays have normal, wide or pulsating spray modes
  • spray nozzle cleans itself before extending and after retracting so no left overs to worry about
  • spray nozzle is controllable forward or backward for perfect alignment
  • a remote control
  • a 3 year warranty (Japanese Toto only had 1 year) but I've had it for over 4 years with no problems
  • as a bonus, I once had a woman friend tell me with all the spray adjustments, it was the cleanest orgasm she ever had...

After this, toilet paper is just so uncivilized.

Maxillarious

pilot
Some mix of seagoing drone ships, drone carriers, and subs with people in them.

(that's as reasonable as any other 30-40 year forecast)

Future planning and trying to accurately forecast long term defense trends is no small task.

I found this memo by Linton Wells II (USNA '67, OSD) to Donald Rumsfeld on that subject to be extremely thought provoking:

LinWells.jpg

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Awesome memo. Something to add:

• By 1910, you would be allied with France, your enemy would be Germany, and Russia was ruled by a Tsar family related to your own monarchy’s.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Awesome memo. Something to add:

• By 1910, you would be allied with France, your enemy would be Germany, and Russia was ruled by a Tsar family related to your own monarchy’s.
So was Germany's. Wilhelm II was an Anglophile, and first cousin of George V and Nicholas II.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
So was Germany's. Wilhelm II was an Anglophile, and first cousin of George V and Nicholas II.
Willy should have had somebody like Vizzini on the General Staff. The Vizzini Doctrine would have been a good counter to Schlieffen's ideas and that could have saved everybody a lot of trouble.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Every major royal family in Europe had some connection to the British Royal Family mainly through Queen Victoria's many offspring, she wasn't nicknamed the 'Grandmother of Europe' for nothing.

As for good old Willy, he had a love-hate relationship with the British Royal Family along with a serious inferiority complex when dealing with his British cousins and was one of the driving forces behind the rising tensions between the UK and Germany before WWI. 'Dreadnought' by Robert K. Massie covers the Kaiser's involvement in the rising rivalry in great detail.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
^ cool. Good info.

I was thinking more from the perspective of, in 1910, Russia was ruled by a Tsar. And in 2010, Russia was again ruled by a Tsar. (In the middle was a lot of shenanigans.)

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Question, if and when they retire the ship, how would this affect Naval Aviation as a strike force? 10 is still a lot

Edit: apparently 11 is the mandated legal limit.