• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Penske Truck Rental

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
FYI..Diesel Penske 26ft truck, Jax to Pcola

FYI..max capacity is 8370 lbs, 194 sq/ft total, and I plan on using every bit of it.

o Rental Rate (26 Ft Truck with 4 days Travel) $ 388.00
o Extra Day Charge $50.00
o Includes 12% discount for AAA FL/AUTO CLUB SOUTH
o Tow Device None
o Smart Kart $20.00
o Furniture Pads (Quantity = 3 dz @ $15.00) $45.00
o Limited Damage Waiver (Optional) None
o Supplemental Liability Insurance (Optional) None
o Personal Accident Insurance (Optional) None
o Cargo Insurance (Optional) None
o Towing Insurance (Optional) None
o Estimated Sales Tax 7.000 % $35.84
o Environmental fee $9.00
o Total Charge (Pay Mthd VISA) $547.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Just to add some more kudos to this company...

I am using them again because I had such a great experience on the way from Corpus to Jax...

For a 22 ft, unlimited mileage rental, one way from Jax to Whidbey Island...

Penske beat Uhaul by 1434$...and guaranteed diesel.:)

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
+1 on U-HAUL Sucking

I had a reservation with UHAUL. Upon arrival, they claimed they had no truck for me even though there were 3 of the same model I rented in the parking lot. The clerk said those were for other people!:icon_rage All during this argument, the other clerk at the counter two feet away is on the phone with his girlfriend talking about how much fun he had last night and how he couldn't believe she was so dirty and freaky in bed.

Then they made me drive to another location 30+ miles away to pick up a truck myself. No diesel. No a/c. No apologies. I think someone had died in the truck just before I rented it.

It took me 2 hours of bitching and 4 phone calls during my drive to get any kind of consideration. What was their answer? UHAUL gift certificates!

I took them to a location and bought a bunch of tape, cardboard boxes, and a tow ball for my car. Never again will I use UHAUL.

PigzFly

Can anyone recommend a vehicle transport company? I have a lifted truck that I am considering shipping to the east coast from CA. Im only considering it because with gas as expensive as it is, it may be cheaper. I know everyone recommends driving to OCS, and I have been planning on it, but depending on the cost, I may just ship it. My parents live in Pax, and could just drive up from DC. Does anyone know which company good old uncle sam uses when he pays for it? Thanks for the help.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Can anyone recommend a vehicle transport company? I have a lifted truck that I am considering shipping to the east coast from CA. Im only considering it because with gas as expensive as it is, it may be cheaper. I know everyone recommends driving to OCS, and I have been planning on it, but depending on the cost, I may just ship it. My parents live in Pax, and could just drive up from DC. Does anyone know which company good old uncle sam uses when he pays for it? Thanks for the help.

So let me get this straight...you have a vehicle that you don't want to drive because its so expensive...Yeah...that makes sense.:D:confused:

Don't get me wrong, drive what you want...but drive it right? Otherwise, WTF is the point?!? Or were you waiting for gas to get cheaper?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
So let me get this straight...you have a vehicle that you don't want to drive because its so expensive...Yeah...that makes sense.:D:confused:

Don't get me wrong, drive what you want...but drive it right? Otherwise, WTF is the point?!? Or were you waiting for gas to get cheaper?

I believe he is saying... it'll be cheaper for him to have it shipped to his parents in PAX and drive it up to OCS, vice driving it across country.

brownshoe

Contributor
Try here.

This site could be a place to look www.Chevytalk.com I was a member there years ago, some nice and knowledable people in the forums. Lots of stuff to look at but click on forums and scroll down to the “Vendor’s Stories” thread, ask your questions there. Someone will answer you for sure. And as you can tell by looking at the site there are a few expensive ‘toys’ represented, some must have been transported.;)

If you can't get help at that site PM me. I've a friend that had a 55 Thunderbird transported from Texas. I'll find out the results and the name of the company he used.

Steve

Rothman

pilot
When I moved out of my college apartment after I graduated, I used U-haul for the first and last time. I had a reservation for a van (not truck) 3 weeks ahead of time. You see, I only needed a van because I lived in a loft apartment that came furnished. However, when I get to the U-haul crap-hole, they have a suprise... They have 'up-graded' me to a 31' truck. Keep in mind that all I have fits in 2 or 3 suit cases and maybe 5 boxes. When I asked the dude behind the counter WTF, he replied, with a straight face, that the reservation system only secures a vehicle of some sort, but has no bearing on what they actually give you. He went on to say that if I didn't want the truck, he would gladly set me up with a trailer. To be pulled by the corvette I drove up in? Oh, that's no problem, we'll throw a hitch on there for you for a nominal fee. HA! d-bags.

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor
I just finished a DITY using a nice Penske 16' truck and towing my car behind it. I got a 10% military discount when I booked over the telephone, and I received great service on both ends.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Another major kudos to Penske ...

Extremely easy company to deal with. Here are the nuts and bolts of a CC TX to San Diego move ...

- reserved a 22' truck with a car trailer (not a dolly). 22' was not available the day of pick-up so they gave us a 26' no questions asked. A mistake on their end had us being billed for a car dolly, not trailer ... no worries, paid the dolly price.

- reservation changed twice, no problems.

- my wife started the reservation online but didn't finish it ... they called us the next day offering some extra discounts, one day free on top of the 10% mil discount (don't ask me how she knew this trick, she is one sharp cookie ... it sure is worth a shot)

Price Breakdown:
22' Truck 7 days of travel : $279
Includes 10% military discount
Tow Device : $139
Hand Dolly: $20
Tax: $44.30
Environmental Fee: $9
Total Charge: $487.30

A few closing notes ... According to a Penske guy it is cheaper for you to do moves to the west vice east. My wife did all the leg work on this, and I don't know how she worked out this drug deal (I'm positive she didn't use any tactics I wouldn't approve of ;) ). Even the Penske guys here in SD were a little surprised at what we paid (more like what we didn't pay). Even without the discounts Penske was much cheaper and easier to work with than U-Haul. As always ... YMMV

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I used Penske for the move from Meridian to Va Beach.......awesome/"fuel efficient" truck!....lowest price! Now here is the varsity tip. Harass the hell out of Personal property and the minions responsible for getting you your advances! Once you get to your PCS destination, they will not give you an advance if your travel is complete. Of cource PSD Pcola took a half-day on the Friday before Columbus Day and was not able to get my advances paid to me. It's great giving the government a no interest loan in these bad economic times!

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Anyone know of a company besides Uhaul hatnts trailers? When I left Pcola 6 months ago they were the only game in town for trailers.