• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola: Wings of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali264

Originally posted by Rainman
Frumbly--good stuff. . . Don't forget tali's perennial favorite A Few Good Men.

"oh Harold. Somebody hasn't been playing well with others"

Yeah.....I can see I'm the only one who quotes that movie!!!

Admit it......it's one of the best there is....no knockin' it.

"oh come on.......that was damn funny"

Goliath112

I watched "A Few Good Men" before I got stationed in Cuba. (Guantanamo Bay, Land of 3,000 Cubans trained to Kill Us)

Unfortunately the only "mirrors" (see movie) that can be engaged are hanging in Colonel Jessup's wall locker. remember Colonel Jessup is the RSC CO(Rifle Security Company) and his star is on the rise. therefore if he orders you to do something, you follow that order.. otherwise somebody might get killed...

And the Marines down there are fanatical.. fanatical about getting drunk. the sailors feel the same way. but, seriously, it is a very dangerous place..... because if you don't wear cammies ALL the time (even at the base McDonalds and Baskin Robbins, or Child Care Center) you might not get head of the line uniform privilges..

tali264

"We follow order or people die......it's that simple. Are we clear"
"Yes sir"
"Are we clear"
"crystal"

jaerose

"Lt. Kentrick, may I call you John?"
"No you may not!"
"Have I done something to offend you?"
"No, I like all you Navy boys. Anytime we go to fight you all give us a ride."

JR

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is further indication that this site is continuing its downhill slide.....

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by Patmack18
And if Marine's don't want to admit their a dept of the Navy, tell them to look at their paycheck and see where it comes from!

You really are a couple of cowboys. Every Marine knows he falls under the umbrella of the Dept of the Navy (as does the Coast Guard as authorized during wartime). Not sure about your paycheck patmack, mine says DFAS.

Is there anyone in this town you don't either drink with or play softball with?

Rainman

pilot
Having been to both towns. . .I'd say the gentlemen's clubs are better in Cleveland. Now that Saberhagen/Brett are gone, really what is there in KC?. . . anyone?

NuSnake

whats all this discussion of Uncle Sam's Canoe club all about!!! hahahaha, just kidding coasties.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

kimphil

I believe the Coasties are now under the jurisdiction of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Go Tom Ridge!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

NuSnake

haha...I like Tom Ridge....he was in 'NAM!!!!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by Patmack18
I knew the Coast Gaurd was under the cognizance of the Navy During wartime, and the DOT during peacetime... but do their paychecks all come from DFAS?
Who knows (obviously they wouldn't change them administratively. . I have no idea who pays them. . anyone?). . .I wonder .. ..has this ever happened? Have the Navy ever claimed the Coast Guard in time of war? Any coasties around?

Status
Not open for further replies.