• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Time

Me So Hornet

SNA PRO-REC-Y / OCS 14AUG2022
What is the minimum amount of time one would spend in Pensacola as a SNA? Mainly wondering if it is worth it for the girlfriend to follow me and find a job, or if she should just wait until primary?

Meyerkord

pilot
What is the minimum amount of time one would spend in Pensacola as a SNA? Mainly wondering if it is worth it for the girlfriend to follow me and find a job, or if she should just wait until primary?
I spent more time in Pensacola for IFS/API than I did in Corpus for primary, but YMMV. You might end up being one of those people who go to Pensacola and follow on to Whiting for primary and advanced and never move, but you should also be prepared to move during every stage of training just in case.

My timeline was:
8 months Pensacola (A-pool/IFS/API)
7 months Corpus (Primary)
11 months Whiting (Advanced)
10 months San Diego (FRS)

Me So Hornet

I spent more time in Pensacola for IFS/API than I did in Corpus for primary, but YMMV. You might end up being one of those people who go to Pensacola and follow on to Whiting for primary and advanced and never move, but you should also be prepared to move during every stage of training just in case.

My timeline was:
8 months Pensacola (A-pool/IFS/API)
7 months Corpus (Primary)
11 months Whiting (Advanced)
10 months San Diego (FRS)

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

Me So Hornet

I’ve been here 20 months, if I get helos it could end up being about 2 1/2 years. After NIFE most of us got our choice of Primary location but never guaranteed.

Did you get Whiting for primary? If so, how much of the 20 months was before primary?

RoarkJr.

Jan 2020-September 2020 was waiting for NIFE. But I had a minor NAMI waiver hold that tacked on maybe a month. September 2020-November 2020 was NIFE. Then I checked in to Whiting Feb 2021, started March 2021.

Me So Hornet

Jan 2020-September 2020 was waiting for NIFE. But I had a minor NAMI waiver hold that tacked on maybe a month. September 2020-November 2020 was NIFE. Then I checked in to Whiting Feb 2021, started March 2021.

Is a ~9 month wait before NIFE typical?

So it looks like if you got in and out of Pensacola, you could be there a minimum of maybe 3 months for NIFE? But it sounds like that may be very atypical.

RoarkJr.

Is a ~9 month wait before NIFE typical?

So it looks like if you got in and out of Pensacola, you could be there a minimum of maybe 3 months for NIFE? But it sounds like that may be very atypical.
It was more like 7, I got to PCola end of January and started NIFE beginning of September. No idea what the wait is like now.

I’m not sure what your second question means. Either way you’ll get to NASP, wait (~5-6 months), do NIFE (8 weeks or whatever it is), then either go to Corpus ASAP or wait at NASP (~3 months for me) before checking in to TW5 at Whiting.