• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Time

taxi1

pilot
Was there someone in his family that had earned the wings and award? He was dreaming of being there someday?

Just trying to take a generous interpretation...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
What they do in the privacy of their own home is their own business. If they want to play dress up and have their parents put a shiny medal badge that doesn’t mean anything to the outside world on their chest in their living room then so be it. Obviously they identify as a winged aviator. Their helo pilot fiancé is an idiot for putting it all over social media.

I’ve heard some people got pretty spooled up over this and they proceeded “to get buttfucked for officer like qualities”

VMO4

Exactly, when I was about 12, in 1975, I dressed up in my bedroom in my older brother's E-4 Army uniform, 3rd Infantry division patch and all, stood in front of the mirror, I am actually glad a picture of that moment does not exist.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
What they do in the privacy of their own home is their own business. If they want to play dress up and have their parents put a shiny medal badge that doesn’t mean anything to the outside world on their chest in their living room then so be it. Obviously they identify as a winged aviator. Their helo pilot fiancé is an idiot for putting it all over social media.

I’ve heard some people got pretty spooled up over this and they proceeded “to get buttfucked for officer like qualities”
You don’t think they’ll be sent packing?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
You don’t think they’ll be sent packing?

Maybe? They lied to their own family members and maybe their fiancé but their at home “winging”and engagement didn’t seem to involve the command. They weren’t the one to post the photos on social media. They put a pair of wings on a uniform but don’t seem to have worn it in public. Belows on head work socially, but what did they really do? Let their parents put a pair of wings on their chest unofficially and got engaged to their same biological sex partner,..

The wing at Meridian has a documented history of drumming homosexual students out of the pipeline after dadt, with their orientation being a contributing factor… given that the “winging” photos appear in the same posts as the same sex proposal/ engagement, it’ll be easy to argue they got pursued for their sexual orientation…

It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.