• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola BOQ - Full or Not?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What do your orders say? My GFs SNFO orders tell her to speak with the base housing office, use the internet, and other sources to find housing. They are only authorize 10 days in the Q. She reports in June. Bear in mind everyone gets a unique set of orders just dont overlook the advice in them.

I wouldn't really put much stock in that. I have (and have executed) orders to NASC and it said the same thing, even though I already live in the are. I was also congratulated on beginning my aviation career in my orders. Guess what? It ain't my first rodeo.

USF_Bull

Heading up Thursday or Friday to look for a place, anybody have anything knew on this? Are we going to have to live at the Q or are they stamping orders?

I've heard both...sounds like it's hit or miss.

IrishEagle85

Heading up Thursday or Friday to look for a place, anybody have anything knew on this? Are we going to have to live at the Q or are they stamping orders?

I've heard both...sounds like it's hit or miss.

Hey Bull, can you let us know what you find out? I'm checking in next Friday.
-Dave

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
They're stamping orders but it depends on which lady you walk up to at the desk. She gave one of my friends some trouble, but I had no trouble at all. Just be nice :)

KUJayhawk

Can we please get an updated report as of today (10JUNE2008) as to whether the BOQs are totally full or not? If they are full, the previously stated standard operating procedure does not apply. You need to find housing outside of the base, correct?

If this is the case, it would be fantastic for the Navy or somebody to let people like me (who leaves for Pensacola in about a week and a half) to know if we are going to need to figure out where to live off base! I had previously planned on selling most of my college furniture and stuff because I thought I'd be living in a BOQ room for a number of months. *this is just complaining, i know.

Ultimately, If the BOQ is actually full, and I arrive about two weeks from now down there with no furniture or clue about what I am supposed to do and try to check into the BOQ, what are they going to say? Where are they going to send me? And where am I going to live!?

Edit: This thread really helped ease my frustrations http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5887

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Call Flight Managment at API and see what they say. Im sure they know what all the Ensigns are doing. If you don't get one of the LTs on the phone it will prob be an ENS who just got there and is going through the same crap.

corvettetimmy

Ultimately, If the BOQ is actually full, and I arrive about two weeks from now down there with no furniture or clue about what I am supposed to do and try to check into the BOQ, what are they going to say? Where are they going to send me? And where am I going to live!?

I cant speak about the BOQ status but if it is full then..

When I checked out of API about a month ago here was the deal.

For PILOTS...

If the BOQ is full and you do not bring your dependents then you are authorized Per Diem as long as you acquire temporary housing (month to month lease or hotel) There should be a copy of the instruction taped to the counter at stu-con right next to the instruction that says you have to live in the BOQ if single... etc.

API is TDY and that means that your entitlements should be in line with TDY. Amazingly it seems that NO ONE knows what the hell the API students should be entitled to.. But trust me it is no shit TDY for pilots. Make sure that if you are living in temporary housing, you are getting Per Diem.. Basically you need to be familiar with the JFTR (joint federal travel regs) because no one is looking out for you there..

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
Maybe this is a retarted question: If I book a room in the BOQ (assuming it's open) for my first few nights in P'cola, are they gonna make me stay in the Q, or will I be able to check out and live off-base?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Maybe this is a retarted question: If I book a room in the BOQ (assuming it's open) for my first few nights in P'cola, are they gonna make me stay in the Q, or will I be able to check out and live off-base?

I sincerely doubt it. The room you will be staying in for a "couple days" is NOT the same as the one you'd be staying in for the long haul.

One is like a hotel room (short term stays) and one is like an apartment (long term stays).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

No one will make you stay in the Q. Period. What may happen is that they won't pay you if you decide to move out to town.

For those asking if the Q is full right now...it's like asking how many jet slots there are. It's very fluid. By Saturday, I can tell you a ton of rooms will open up. Yesterday, there were more cars in the parking lot than I've seen the whole time here.

I sincerely doubt it. The room you will be staying in for a "couple days" is NOT the same as the one you'd be staying in for the long haul.

One is like a hotel room (short term stays) and one is like an apartment (long term stays).

Not exactly. They seem to be putting people where ever there is room. I've been living in the Q for 5 weeks and I'm in the "short-term" room, as are many others.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Not exactly. They seem to be putting people where ever there is room. I've been living in the Q for 5 weeks and I'm in the "short-term" room, as are many others.

Well that just sucks ass. What do you do for food? They expect you to eat at the chow hall or subway?