• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola BOQ - Full or Not?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Sorry guys, I didn't end up doing it. I was too happy to be done with academics to care.

And to QD watch being a right of passage, I don't think I would call it that. I would more compare it to being alex trebeck, but not given any of the answers ...

Fair estimate, and it feels a little like this:
Celebrity_Jeopardy_-_Jap_Anus_Relations.png

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
"You're sitting on a gold mine Trebeck!"

And for those of you waiting to start API, if you can memorize all the celebrity jeopardy sketches from SNL, you will be well ahead of all your classmates.

I think in my weather class we might have watched more snl than learned weather...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
"Your sitting on a gold mine Trebeck!"

And for those of you waiting to start API, if you can memorize all the celebrity jeopardy sketches from SNL, you will be well ahead of all your classmates.

I think in my weather class we might have watched more snl than learned weather...

YOU'RE

I swear to god, we're going to keep correcting you folks until you get it right! ;)
(I'm an engineer as well- no excuse)

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Thanks for the catch. I'll just continue to blame my engineering degree. Maybe I should have done, "Your [sic] sitting on a ...."

eltgmoney

I have been here for a few months and when I arrived the BOQ was not full. All i did was ask them to stamp my orders and they did no questions asked. They are not going to make you stay in the BOQ if you don't want to.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

NinjaWarrior

i see two contradicting statements in it.

"Personnel that come to the Pensacola area for API and flight training will adhere to the following guidance: All Naval flight officers and student aviators will be required to live on board NAS Pensacola and NAS Whiting Field if space is available in Bachelor Housing. "

According to that, snfo's have to live on base. but then it says..

"Personnel with PCS orders to NAS Pensacola and follow-on orders to stations other than NAS Whiting Field may secure housing in the local area if not drawing per diem, but must check in with the local Family Housing office before proceeding. "

SNFO's have PCS orders to pensacola.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I was confused by that too. I'm still not optimistic about being allowed to live off base though, considering what our CO told us. I guess I'll find out soon since my roommate is reporting May 30 as an SNFO, so we'll see.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
What do your orders say? My GFs SNFO orders tell her to speak with the base housing office, use the internet, and other sources to find housing. They are only authorize 10 days in the Q. She reports in June. Bear in mind everyone gets a unique set of orders just dont overlook the advice in them.

CommodoreMid

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't have orders yet, I was just given a report date the day I got commissioned. If I can get off base housing, I don't know what I'm going to do yet since my roommate from this year and I were going to live together, but her report date is May 30. That would complicate things a lot since I really don't know any other SNFOs going down when I'm going down. Hell, I don't even know any SNAs with my report date.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
I know alot of new commissions don't have physical orders yet (Based soley on new ENS that I know). If you can get access to your BUPERS Online account you may be able to see something on there. That is where the electronic copy of your orders can be found. They may or may not be there yet. Good luck. I'll PM you the name of the man I know who is retired military and in the realty industry. He helped me find my current house in milton and he set one of my NFO buds up with a house.

war eagle

What do your orders say? My GFs SNFO orders tell her to speak with the base housing office, use the internet, and other sources to find housing. They are only authorize 10 days in the Q. She reports in June. Bear in mind everyone gets a unique set of orders just dont overlook the advice in them.

I'll be honest, I don't exactly know how to interpret everything on my orders... is there something that I should look for that will indicate what you're talking about? I'm moving down there in 2 weeks to report on June 6th and I'd like to have an idea of what's going on with my housing....

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
I know the text on the orders runs together, but you just have to read it in its entirety line by line. If you are not sure what something means PM me and Ill try to help you with it. Some SNFO orders that I have seen specifically said to look for housing in the local area. Theres alot of info on those 4-5 pages so its hard for me to narrow it down for you without having a specific remark.