• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pen cover

dk009

Pilot in Training
Before i do it, i have to ask- can i cut this pen cover flap off of my flight suit?

thanks

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I've seen it on guys who went to AF training for primary, AF bubbas, and one of my buddies in primary/advanced. Not a *huge* deal, but it does make you stand out.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
dk009 said:
thanks for the answer?

new question:
should i cut the pen cover off of my flight suit?

Most of your peers do not. If you do, may have to defend your decision later, but probably in a humorous manner...unless of course, something falls out while you are flying and results in a FOD hazard.

Point 2) Most AF zoomies cut off their flaps to show off their "fun-meter" patch that is way to small...along with other parts of their...well, flight suits.

~D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't. That cover could be the difference between FODing an aircraft and not.

MasterBates

Just go helos. They are self-fodding. (I had the winshield wiper knob fall off and end up in the ATO seatwell today)

Keep the flap.

pdx

HSM Pilot
MasterBates said:
Just go helos. They are self-fodding. (I had the winshield wiper knob fall off and end up in the ATO seatwell today)

Keep the flap.

Did anybody else ever have a problem identifying "abnormal" vibration.

MasterBates

Normal vibration = you can read gauges.
Moderate vibratrion = Gauges look fuzzy
Abnormal vibration = Notes on kneeboard look like an EKG

Then you got your 1 pers, 4 pers, gallops, Tail Buzz (BAD!) and genral aircraft maliase.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
dk009 said:
- can i cut this pen cover flap off of my flight suit?

thanks
Don't ... it's a great place to park and anchor your Aviator shades while they're "resting" .