• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Peacoat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
I went the cheap route and got a peacoat from Old Navy for $40 to hold me over while I am in college for the next two years...Colorado is cold. Your local military surplus store sells the real thing for $99.

Country Boy

Proud Father
metro said:
Am I alone in thinking both of those coats look pimp as hell? In fact, I think most Navy uniform components/sets (dress whites, dress blues, khakis) look badass.

Yes the commissioned uniforms do, but E-6 and below are pretty stupid looking.
(I know cause I have to wear them right now)

adam28270

So which coat would midshipmen in college wear? the enlisted peacoat or the officers coat?
Im thinking the enlisted coat because we aren't officers yet, but i just want to make sure before I spend the money on it.

Acoustix99

pilot
Mids wear officer uniforms (slight variations thereof) so they wear the reefer. Get the peacoat, buy the gold buttons to switch it over, and have the friendly tailor at your local uniform shop to put loops for shoulderboards on, then you wear your midn shoulderboards on it, same ones you wear on your whites. All your other uniforms are officers uniforms, excepting of course when you go on 2/c cruise.

Pags

N/A
pilot
We were told in NROTC that the Bridge coat is not authorized for wear with khakis and is made to be worn with SDBs. However, a few of us had peacoats, and the uniform nazis never had any problem with us wearing them, provided they had gold buttons and shoulder boards.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I'm reading the uniform regs right, you can wear a bridge coat with Service Khaki. However that would be so far into the realm of being "That Guy" it's positively flabbergasting. . .

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, "that guy" are the douches who wear leather jackets with summer whites.

I SEEN IT!

Pags

N/A
pilot
The threat of being labeled "that guy" only goes so far when the weather is cold. After a certain point, looking cool takes a back seat to not freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.