• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay increase for making Dean’s list

navyboy4415

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have been in the BDCP program for the past year now. I have completed two semesters while in BDCP and both semesters I made dean’s list.

Now at my school Dean’s list is only 3.25 where as the requirements that I have read, state that dean's list or a 3.5 gpa or better.

My question is, will I be promoted to the next pay grade because I made Dean’s list or since I got a 3.3 and that is below a 3.5 will I not be promoted?

Is it 3.5 AND Dean’s list or 3.5 or Dean's list?

Thanks. [/FONT]

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I think you need Dean's list 2 semesters in a row. At worst, submit, ask for it. What are they going to say..? NO?

SWCS242

SWO in-training
My understanding is that you need at least a 3.5 or better 2 semesters in a row. At least that is what the LT at my NRD told me...

fusu

really? 3.5? that would be awesome. my school says 3.75 so I thought i was just plain out of luck but 3.5 gets me to E-4. anybody got some good info on this?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Nothing personal you guys...and if the instruction says, the instruction says...but...

It seems incredibly unfair to "promote" someone based purely upon GPA in this program. Pulling a 3.5 at MIT as a technical major cannot be compared to pulling a 3.5 at South Central Louisiana State Tech as an Underwater Basket Weaving major.

WTF???

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Nothing personal you guys...and if the instruction says, the instruction says...but...

It seems incredibly unfair to "promote" someone based purely upon GPA in this program. Pulling a 3.5 at MIT as a technical major cannot be compared to pulling a 3.5 at South Central Louisiana State Tech as an Underwater Basket Weaving major.

WTF???
Aren't there advancement opportunities in DEP for people who "recruit" their "friends."

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Aren't there advancement opportunities in DEP for people who "recruit" their "friends."

Yes, but you don't see a pay raise until they actually swear in. Personally, by the time I would get anyone through I will have graduated, so I haven't really tried:(.

WTF???

Your right, but I think that kind of falls under "The choose your rate, choose your fate" sort of concept. Different degrees offer different advantages and opportunities. So I don't think its "unfair".

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Yes...but that's objective, even if a little motivationally suspect. My whole point is that a 3.5 gpa is wholly subjective based on classes and school choice.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I looked through my emails and found the instruction from when my recruiter emailed it to me. You do qualify for promotion.

1131.2C CH7
BDCP collegiates making the Dean’s List for two consecutive semesters, or three consecutive quarters, after enlisting in the collegiate program may be advanced one rate/ paygrade. They may only be advanced once for academic achievement. To initiate this advancement, transcripts, the Meritorious Advancement for Academics Letter (Exhibit 0706-02) and a letter from the college indicating Dean’s List achievement (if not noted on transcripts) shall be sent to COMNAVCRUITCOM (N36). The effective date of this promotion will be the first day of the month following completion of the quarter/semester."

I looked at the exhibit, it says the same thing. The form just asks for which semesters you achieved Dean's List, and that is about it.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Your right, but I think that kind of falls under "The choose your rate, choose your fate" sort of concept. Different degrees offer different advantages and opportunities. So I don't think its "unfair".

Well, if the intent is to reward academic excellence, and you instead create an incentive to take easy majors, then that is unfair.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Shoulda stopped there...I'd betcha the majority are not technical majors.

You're probabl right, but if technical majors were the only thing the Navy was looking for, then there would'nt be so many non-technical majors in BDCP. Right? At any rate, I think anyone in BDCP is happy, and drinking beer till they have to leave. :D