• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay increase for making Dean’s list

navyboy4415

Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate the help.

I almost commented about some of the other bleh posts on this thread, but really its not worth the time or effort ;).

nugget81

pilot
Just go by whatever your contract says. If it says "Dean's list" for two consecutive semesters, then you're good to go. If it says 3.75 GPA or above for 2 consecutive semesters, then take a look at your GPA and see where you're at. Talk to your recruiter and processor and make sure you get what your paperwork says you should get. I ran in to this when I was in BDCP where my recruiter thought it was one thing but my contract said another. In the end I kept the pressure on (because I was right and had the proof in the contract) and got the advance in pay grade.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Shoulda stopped there...I'd betcha the majority are not technical majors.

I'm not so sure about that, most BDCPers I've met have been technical degrees, however that is aviation. I would say it has to do with what field your going into. On the same token, I don't know any technical degrees in supply.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I'm not so sure about that, most BDCPers I've met have been technical degrees, however that is aviation. I would say it has to do with what field your going into. On the same token, I don't know any technical degrees in supply.
Aviation is generally not a technical degree.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Isn't the dean's list in many universities based on top x% in each college, as opposed to a set GPA? That would explain the discrepancies about what dean's list grades are and also level the playing field a bit as the college of sciences would have a lower GPA threshold for the list, assuming grades really are lower overall, than, say, the college of arts and letters--to include underwater basket weaving majors.

I know that until recently, this was the policy at SDSU (top 10%) and there was a big fuss when they changed it to be simply 3.5 or better.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I really doubt many people select their major based on BDCP because honestly I don't think many people are aware of it as compared to other paths to becoming a Navy Officer. So I don't think it's an incentive to choose an easy major. Because even it is easy, if you don't like it you still may not do well in it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Isn't the dean's list in many universities based on top x% in each college, as opposed to a set GPA? That would explain the discrepancies about what dean's list grades are and also level the playing field a bit as the college of sciences would have a lower GPA threshold for the list, assuming grades really are lower overall, than, say, the college of arts and letters--to include underwater basket weaving majors.

I know that until recently, this was the policy at SDSU (top 10%) and there was a big fuss when they changed it to be simply 3.5 or better.

Can't speak for any other school, but ERAU had SPECIFIC GPAs to get honor roll/dean's list. 3.3-3.49 HR, 3.5+ DL. This also went for the greek honors upon graduation. 3.5 CL, 3.7 MCL, 3.9 SCL.

Aviation degrees are NOT "technical degrees". Our Aeronautical Science degree was a BS (pun intended) degree, and was NOT a technical major in the eyes of BDCP.

jl08

pilot
I seriously doubt people are going to choose their major based on a promotion from E-3 to E-4, unless you already have several years in the difference in pay is not that much.