• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pay... again since I cant find an open post

IRfly

None
Bonuses?

Do tell more about these bonuses...I knew that enlisted folks received them, but I had never heard of a bonus for officers. That brightens my day...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
IRfly said:
Do tell more about these bonuses...I knew that enlisted folks received them, but I had never heard of a bonus for officers. That brightens my day...

There many a bonus for officers as I understand it. The biggest are either for medical or nuke. They may change depending on the state of manning in the Navy. The Navy did offer a 3-year $75,000 bonus and a 5-year $125,000 bonus. I took the 5-year and the 3-year recently went away. There is a DH bonus for $15k a year and even a CO/XO bonus which is also $15k a year as well. For aviation, you won't be eligilble for a bonus until your MSR.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
O-1 sucks but a bit finacially (you'll be drinking what's on tap) once you maek o-2 and up life is pretty good. As a relatively senior O-3 Im making about 84K investing well and still cant seem to spend it all on wine women and song.
Dont ask me about bonuses it si a very touchy subject for Marine Rotary wing right now

IRfly

None
skidkid said:
Dont ask me about bonuses it si a very touchy subject for Marine Rotary wing right now

Sorry...Didn't mean to strike a nerve. Just was pleasantly surprised...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No worries Im not that bitter about it I guess "whimsically disgusted" best describes my feelings as I look at my bonus prospects.