• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Packing for TBS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

Hello,

I just graduated from OCS Dec. 10 and am going to begin TBS training Jan. 10. I have a few packing-type questions I hope you fellas could answer:

1) How much civilian clothing should I bring? I was thinking of 4 pants, 4 shirts, 2 sweaters, 2 jackets, and 3 shoes. I would like balance between numbers of clothing and space.

2) How many Under Armor shirts would you recommend since its going to be cold?

3) Should I bring a laptop or desktop computer?

4) Should I bring a small TV, microwave, and iron, or do most roomates share
these items between themselves?

5) Glasses question. I require eye sight correction. Can I wear my contacts during garrison duty? In the field, can I wear contacts also? If not, do most Lt's wear their OCS BCG's or do they buy some sturdy civilian glasses that don't scare away the wildlife?

6) Any other gouge on good stuff to bring to TBS would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: E5B

Taxman2A

War were declared.
1) Doesn't sound too bad to me. Space is limited, so much more than that would create a cramped living space.

2) I went through with 1 cold weather under armor shirt. Thats all you should need. Make sure it's olive drab colored, and try to get the kind with a crew neck instead of a turtleneck.

3) Either would work, but for TBS its a little nicer to have a laptop to conserve space and to have a laptop available for when you are on duty.

4) Most rooms will typically have 1 of each of these items that come from various roommates. If you have these items available I would recommed bringing them, as its no guarantee your roommates will have them.

5) I wore contacts at all times. OCS is over, you don't have to wear BCGs again. If you want to, you are welcome to take them with you to the field. If you wear them any other time other than the field you invite (and deserve) ridicule.

6) My best advice for packing to live in the BOQ is that you should be able to fit your entire life in your car. If you want to take more than what would fill up the trunk, passenger seat, and back seat of a mid size sedan you are probably taking too much crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.