• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8A Poseidon Demonstration Van at NASP 29-30 Oct

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The van arrives at NASP tomorrow (Thursday) at around noon, and they will open up and remain open as long as folks are around. They will re-open Friday morning until COB Friday then they will depart.
It will be at the same spot as always, right next to VT-10. They can handle 20-25 at a time, with full-up workstations and the flight station.
There will also be a couple of briefings in the Duckpond (VT-4's training room)They've got the usual giveaway propaganda too so come on out, then go to the Club.

VT-4 duty office 850-452-3038 with questions.

Hoze

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Nope, the van's been here since monday, and anyone can go into it. They've got the cockpit and 3 of the 4 stations in back. It's pretty sweet, plus the free schwag is cool too.

McBuff

Sees the light
Is the van on some kind of tour. IE can we expect said schwag in south Tejas any time soon

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Anybody can check it out. The more the merrier.
VT-10/VT-4 hangar is on the southeastern side of Sherman Field.
Coming in from the back gate, it's the left exit just before the Museum. Then round the corner and look to the north and you'll see the squadron numbers on the building. The P-8 van will be visible from the parking lot. Should be setup nlt 1300-ish.
Hoze

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
It's pretty sweet, plus the free schwag is cool too.

True dat! I just re-stocked my collection of P-8 sonobuoy pens and I now have a full set of Poseidon pint glasses.

Oh yeah, the barrel roll on final to a landing on the boat was cool too.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Wait where'd you get the glasses? I stole all the pens they had out, because they are legit city...but didn't see any pints?!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True dat! I just re-stocked my collection of P-8 sonobuoy pens and I now have a full set of Poseidon pint glasses.

Oh yeah, the barrel roll on final to a landing on the boat was cool too.

Are they using the same kind of buoys as the P-3s? If so, I might have to solicit Boeing for some of their pens - you know, as an old buoy slinger. :D

Brett

Crazy8

I went down today after class and hopped in the simulator. The guys who run it are very cool. I definitely recommend stopping by tomorrow for any API studs / A-Poolers.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Are they using the same kind of buoys as the P-3s? If so, I might have to solicit Boeing for some of their pens - you know, as an old buoy slinger. :D

Brett

The tubes the pens come in look just like the current buoys. The pens inside are great, so it's a worthwhile venture all around.

@schoolbubba: I got two glasses at the reunion some months back. I asked the swag guy there if he had any more, and I was awarded with 4 more.:D Just what I need a week before a 6k mile PCS.:eek:

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
If you sit in the P-8 simulator, do you get to file a travel claim for Per Diem afterwards like every P-3 crew does right now????

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Silly Silly...we now have a cocktail waitress fill out the travel claim for us...:tongue2_1

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Just went by today. I was completely impressed at the capabilities of the aircraft. No pens left. I did a barrel roll in the sim and a big loop. It was pretty fun for a guy like me.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm impressed that after 14 posts, NO ONE has asked if the van is located by the river.